Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

I think we need to start a petition to get Andy Y to add more icons. For some of these pictures and some of the modelling on other thread, eg , Bakewell, Bacup.....this list goes on... Craftsman or like just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

Just been laying more track and finishing a point kit off and feeling pretty chuffed if I say so myself, then I come in to have a visit to KL and looking through the wonderful array of pictures which are an inspiration in themselves, fantastic amount of work you achieved there my man!

After seeing your patio shots I sort of understand the reasoning behind the heavy duty timberwork (which I avoided looking at as I had no spare PP3 batteries for the pacemaker) you thought the rocks and walling on the fells would be as heavy as the patio paving no doubt. :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Keep them coming Jeff, its a great interval between builds.

Cheers Mike.

You'd better stock up on batteries for that pacemaker. When you see what I've got planned for the L-girders....

I reckon they'd support the weight of Jupiter. They'd certainly support Uranus, but that's a bit smaller!!!!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I think we need to start a petition to get Andy Y to add more icons. For some of these pictures and some of the modelling on other thread, eg , Bakewell, Bacup.....this list goes on... Craftsman or like just doesn't cut it.

I'll take that as a compliment, young Kal (as bodge would say).

The same applies to AV and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Goathland tonight.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it wouldn't have been Ryde would it?

Nice to hear from you, Peter.

Did you have a good week appointing your headteacher?

As for Ryde, I'm sure it's a lovely place - Don will certainly stick up for it!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

That is only because of the Klingons around Uranus

Now that reminds me of an old joke - which I'll post in the Lounge so as not to lower the tone of KL!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear that Bodgie?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Didn't appoint anyone in the end. Ho, hum.....  At least we have a Plan B.

You mean you're allowing Ofsted to close the school!?

I say that as an ex-Physics teacher without a hint of malice towards that wonderful institution!!!!!!!!    :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Andy has asked me to dig out some more loco/train shots - some of which may have been seen on KL previously.

I'll see what I can come up with, then I'll leave it be for a while.

I appreciate the comments and "likes" re. KL and the recent pics. It's just one of many threads on the Forum that, hopefully, provide a modicum of information and encouragement to others.

Let's face it, the vast majority of people who post on KL have active threads - many of which are spectacular. Great stuff!

Time for a coffee break at my brothers. I'll try and get some more pics up before midnight.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Been enjoying the construction photos Jeff. Its gone a lot quicker than the first build. Do you think Bodgit might get to see GRASS. I had better say I am jesting or someone will think it the build for KL2. 

I be off the Island these days in summerzet with chocolate and cream coaches and green engines with copper capped chimney - lovely

Don

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This will definitely be the last set of pics "from the archive" as I'm running out of stuff I'd like to put on here, loco-wise.

A few of these have been seen previously, but here goes.....

post-13778-0-69591900-1390689017_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-66436100-1390689022_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-75660100-1390689026_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-26112700-1390689031_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-23642800-1390689035_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-51264600-1390689040_thumb.jpg

So there you are, Andy....

Jeff

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi Shaun.

Yes, I reckon I would!

My dad was a joiner/carpenter and my grandad was a bricklayer. I pursued the academic route, but the practical side has passed along - somehow. I enjoy designing and building/landscaping gardens for people. Here's a couple of shots of a patio I built around a friend's pond last summer:

attachicon.gif100_3572p.jpg

attachicon.gif100_3907p.jpg

I've got the garden planned in the new house - patios, raised beds etc and the garage conversion/layout work ready to go!

Jeff

Very nice work Jeff. Mrs S wants a koi pond but I doubt there'll be any brick laying, more scaring away the red tailed hawks n such!

Am enjoying the updates your stone walls are amazing!

• RMweb Gold

Cracking set of pics Young Man BUT I see Manakinininini Man crept into the Cab for a ride, the question is did he have a Ticket to Ride?

Bodge :sungum:

But where dose he keep his ticket? I feel sorry for the poor sod who has to check it...

Morning Boss, thanks for the last set of Pics, love that Brit, I really must get a decent one, Oh and a Clan, I also want the Hornby 01 and Bachhy J11.

Oh no, I'm going to Stafford on Saturday, NOTE TO SELF, leave wallet at home.

Also on that note, I am meeting up with George at Stafford, in my Car will be Peter BB and 2 other Club Members, the other Jeff, (Binney) will be meeting us there and has a full Car with a couple more mates. Lee (ViTrucker) is meeting us there, and we will be meeting up with Richard Slate again, (Mudmagnet) and Ray, (Ray Norwood) on Orchard Road, Mick, (Newbryford) on New Bryford and hopefully Andy Y and some of the Black Country Blues guys.

Finally I have just had a PM from Polly and her and Ray NEED to find George and I as she says its HER TURN FOR THE COFFEE's hhahhaa Lovey stuff, Camera will be charge and a good day should be had by all. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, thanks so much for posting those photos, some fondly remembered favourites as well as some interesting new ones.

Hope it wasn't too onerous a duty for you...

Cheers mate,

Al.

Not onerous at all....

That was a great idea, Al, and it reminded me of a few things I'd done which I'd forgotten about - wiring details, for example.

It also catalysed the usual batch of excellent Lunester humour! As Don said, someone probably thought it was the KL2 build in 3 days!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Boss, thanks for the last set of Pics, love that Brit, I really must get a decent one, Oh and a Clan, I also want the Hornby 01 and Bachhy J11.

Oh no, I'm going to Stafford on Saturday, NOTE TO SELF, leave wallet at home.

Also on that note, I am meeting up with George at Stafford, in my Car will be Peter BB and 2 other Club Members, the other Jeff, (Binney) will be meeting us there and has a full Car with a couple more mates. Lee (ViTrucker) is meeting us there, and we will be meeting up with Richard Slate again, (Mudmagnet) and Ray, (Ray Norwood) on Orchard Road, Mick, (Newbryford) on New Bryford and hopefully Andy Y and some of the Black Country Blues guys.

Finally I have just had a PM from Polly and her and Ray NEED to find George and I as she says its HER TURN FOR THE COFFEE's hhahhaa Lovey stuff, Camera will be charge and a good day should be had by all. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

I'm sure you'll have a great time - when do you not?

I'm in Barrow from Thursday to Tuesday, otherwise I might have been tempted to pop over to Stafford to meet the gang.

I think I've covered all the photo angles for you at present. Let me know if you think of anything else!

Jeff

No, thanks for all the nice shots, on a serious note it has convinced me that WHATEVER I decide to do, that baseboards will have to be removeable for the wiring to be done.

I am considering a second shed about 6 x 8 or so just for a workbench and spraying, I have seen the ones with the sloping out front windows and a bench along for Maximum daylight, something like this.

post-9335-0-31568600-1390736936.jpg

Bodgit :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

No, thanks for all the nice shots, on a serious note it has convinced me that WHATEVER I decide to do, that baseboards will have to be removeable for the wiring to be done.

I am considering a second shed about 6 x 8 or so just for a workbench and spraying, I have seen the ones with the sloping out front windows and a bench along for Maximum daylight, something like this.

attachicon.gif2738_8_x_6_waltons_premier_groundsman_potting_shed_2141_cm-scaleaddwhite_w-267_h-267_q-95_wm-634944487133155000.jpg

Bodgit :sungum:

That shed looks ideal you will also be able to do all your own plants for your station planters  :locomotive:

You should then be in with a chance of winning "flower station of the Year 2014" from UK Station in Bloom  :no:

Cheers Billy, I'm glad your back, :no: I just love the humour on here, If I grow Bonsais in there then I can have scale Oak trees along the road as well :O . Polly and Jaz, are you watching for ideas :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Edited by Andrew P

What's the free treatment Bodge? Antibiotics?

More like Anti depressants Paul, going from a nice warm, but small Den that I can walk into from the hall, to outside in the P***ing rain to get into a shed with the door lock jammed, then the door itself jammed, rain running down my neck and a prized possession Loco in the other hand getting wet, then get the heater on and realized I forgot to turn the power on indoors.

Then the phone rings, hahhaha

Bodge in wellies and sou'wester :O

Oh and did I mention the SNOW DRIFTS UP THE DOOR :no:  

Edited by Andrew P