Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

Hi Jeff, Jason & Bodgit,

What can I say, some fantastic shots and vid's, Britannia's 3F's and a Jubilee - all very much S&C,  Its a pity its all got to go what will we all do - for the next twelve months or so!

Do you know I never knew I had it in me.

Nice to see you doing a bit of weathering Jeff, just keep practising and trying out different options, we all find our own methods but can always learn a new trick or two from others. Also not to forget those very nice buildings which really added to the atmosphere. well done all of you.

• Like 2

Jeff, THANKS for a great day, good company, plenty of good coffee, a great layout and and a lovely meal to round off the day.

Quick question for you, are you sure that the Brit with Sound wasn't mine as I seem to be a Brit Short? I also thought that the 9F was mine as well, strange that. :no: :no: :no: :no:

I am just trying to download all the pics from today and will post some soon I hope, The Vids will take a little longer as they wont be done tonight.

Bodge :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all of you for the appreciation of KL. The skip arrives tomorrow and I'll keep you informed of "progress" with its demise.

The last 3 days have shown me how well it all worked, and have been fantastic fun. The insights into building structures with mounting card, and weathering with powders and airbrush have been wonderful.

Andy has a good collection of photos and videos to post, so keep an eye out for those. And if you thought I was crazy, you'll KNOW I am when you see me producing "quality" bugle sounds from a clampstand!

The last few days have given me a lot to think about and I'm very excited about the prospects for KL2.

Jeff

• Like 4

Some pics from today showing that Jeff had a good go with the weathering, I forgot to take the after shots, but suffice to say that My 4F now looks a lot better than it did when I arrived.

We started with a 16T Mineral

post-9335-0-52962500-1385418759_thumb.jpg

Then moved on to a couple of vans

post-9335-0-82213500-1385418773_thumb.jpg

Then I let him loose on a van

post-9335-0-12268100-1385418788_thumb.jpg

And then my 4Fand it came out really nice.

post-9335-0-61597000-1385418802_thumb.jpg

So well done Jeff for having a go with just a few minuits training, and having never used an Air Brush before he did a truly good job.

Bodgit :sungum:

P.S. Sorry TMC but he is confident enough to do his own from now on, hahaa :O

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

Hi Jeff,

Some superb pics from everyone, i am glad KL had a good send off. Looking forwards to KL MK2 though I think you might be spending a bit of time weathering some of your stock now.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi all, I will take some pics of the 16T Minerals, Vans and the 4F later and put them up on here, Jeff also did his rake of Insul Vans and they have come out really well.

I didn't realise until I got home and down loaded the pics that I had taken as many videos as I had pics so I will download the videos and sort out some more pics soon, but here's one of the van special with Jeff's lovely sounding Brit at the head.

post-9335-0-92770600-1385456272_thumb.jpg

Bodge :sungum:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy.

I've given you a like for doing the video and for the train. Not for that plonker stood in the corner making silly sounds!!!!

A fitting end to KL's running days with the Black 5 leading the rake of vans around the curve of the viaduct into the station.

A great day.....

Jeff

• Like 2

We are all looking forward to KL2 and whatever track plan you finally decide on, have fun and DON'T JUMP IN THE SKIP OR YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT AGAIN, hahahaaa

Bodgit, :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: still grinning from yesterday :O

P.S. Down loading another clip as I type, there will be 3 or 4 I suspect as one long one takes to long to download. :no:

• RMweb Premium

We are all looking forward to KL2 and whatever track plan you finally decide on, have fun and DON'T JUMP IN THE SKIP OR YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT AGAIN, hahahaaa

Bodgit, :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: still grinning from yesterday :O

P.S. Down loading another clip as I type, there will be 3 or 4 I suspect as one long one takes to long to download. :no:

You're not the only one who's grinning!

As for the skip, yes, a small guy like me might struggle to climb out of it!

Just removed the 11 locos I had in the bunker to a safe place. A few odds and ends have already been binned. It'll be a couple of days before it's "chain saws at dawn" time!

Btw, the more I look at that Crab you weathered, the better it gets.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Looks like you had a few good days Jeff! 

A fantastic 3 days, Scott. There's certainly never a second without conversation or action with Jason and Andy around!

They've left me plenty to think about!

Jeff

• Like 2

And there's more, I am just downloading the the next video, I have edited out all  most of the Cra* and put it into one five min vid, so

WATCH THIS SPACE.

Bodgit :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: STILL GRINNING :O

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Andy, I'm currently working on the plan we discussed.

I'm using Anyrail - which gives a reasonable approximation (though it does use Peco geometry) - to try and fit the NER section into the place we talked about (you need to keep mum for a while!). It's not easy with all the constraints, but if I can get it to work there's so much that will be gained!

Jeff

• Like 1

You're not the only one who's grinning!

As for the skip, yes, a small guy like me might struggle to climb out of it!

Just removed the 11 locos I had in the bunker to a safe place. A few odds and ends have already been binned. It'll be a couple of days before it's "chain saws at dawn" time!

Btw, the more I look at that Crab you weathered, the better it gets.

Jeff

Do you mean this one?

post-9335-0-05940700-1385472180_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09482300-1385472193_thumb.jpg

Bodgi :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Just in case........

The steps, when fitted where the guide holes are, limit the turning circle of the pony truck far too much so with a pin vice, drill two small holes next to the factory ones, not all the way through, obviously.

Next, glue a piece of 40 thou black Plastikard to the back of the steps, which will space it out from the factory fitted guide enough to allow the steps to be fitted and the pony to be able to actually go round curves. I left you a bit of black Plastikard for that (and other) purposes.

Finally, glue in place as you normally would but with the pins on the steps in the new guide holes.

10 minute job, VERY easy, makes the model usable with the all important steps fitted.

• RMweb Premium

Do you two EVER shut up?  :no:  :no:  :D

Great video, Andy. "Brought tears t' mi eyes, lad!!"

Drawing up the revised KL2, new version, is coming on nicely. So - Jason, Andy - keep checking your PMs later this evening!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 1

Do you two EVER shut up? 

Great video, Andy. "Brought tears t' mi eyes, lad!!"

Drawing up the revised KL2, new version, is coming on nicely. So - Jason, Andy - keep checking your PMs later this evening!

Jeff

Will it cost us? :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: run out of smilies so I deleted Jeff's