Β 

Wanted - US based member with an EBay account willing to do a favor

I'm after a Tangent covered hopper but I've left it too late to get the scheme I want. A guy on eBay has relisted some 5 times without selling, but still won't ship to the UK. Would anyone be willing to buy on my behalf and then ship to me? I would, of course, pay up front.

Please PM me if you could help.

I asked a similar question a few years ago on here (and gave the Mods something of a heart attack) - What I wanted was a US Shipping Address - I still did all the Ebay stuff myself, the Seller didn't object to that; he just wouldn't ship outside the USA - and I did get help, for which I am still very grateful, as I have never again seen the specific model I wanted for sale anywhere. I wouldn't DARE speak for the Member involved, though - it's up to them of course if they happen to read this.

The once I saw something on US Ebay and politely enquired if the Seller would ship to the UK, they quite firmly refused.

I wasn't absolutely desperate for the item, so let the matter drop, and just watched it... after it ended I sent another VERY polite message, saying what a pity it was they wouldn't ship abroad, as I was prepared to pay more than the winning bid was, so they quite possibly missed out.... I never got a reply... :D

It was probably a bit naughty of me, but it was frustrating that for a great many US Sellers, the world ends at The Lower 48.... :rolleyes:

Yes, it seems quite common. This one was especially annoying as it was a buy it now that had been being relisted repeatedly since Christmas so it obviously wasn't selling fast

Β 

Edit: and it turns out now that the seller has sold it offline and not removed it from ebay :angry:

• RMweb Gold

The once I saw something on US Ebay and politely enquired if the Seller would ship to the UK, they quite firmly refused.

I wasn't absolutely desperate for the item, so let the matter drop, and just watched it... after it ended I sent another VERY polite message, saying what a pity it was they wouldn't ship abroad, as I was prepared to pay more than the winning bid was, so they quite possibly missed out.... I never got a reply... :D

It was probably a bit naughty of me, but it was frustrating that for a great many US Sellers, the world ends at The Lower 48.... :rolleyes:

Β 

In my experience its not that the world ends at the lower 48 but the hassle with USPS. I travel alot in my line of work and ship stuff to and from all over the world but the people at the USPS can't grasp the concept that there is life East of New York. I have found it to be a real frustrating process trying to explain where I want something shipped. Oh and I loved the way you sent that polite way of say ah well you lost out 10/10.

Β 

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I've found someone to help. I quite understand peoples reticence, none of you know me outside of this forum and its potentially a lot of hassle for a stranger!

Β 

No it's not you , Tim. It's the real deterioration of the postal service to and from the UK in the past year or so caused by a variety of reason depending on who you talk to.

Β 

I notice on the High Country Hobbies that "they occasionally make exceptions" to their USA/Can policy. Good luck.

Β 

Best, Pete.

Pete - have to say" I've never had problems so far - touch wood!". I ordered some printed backsground buildings on foamboard from "ibanezsclassic" in Fort Wayne, Indiana on 19th March, dispatched 22 March, arrived today 27 March in Scotland - I'm impressed with his work and service ( and US/UK Post! [even though UK Post is about to make a huge increase in letter postage - not heard about parcel post!])s.gif

Archived