Β 

The difference between US and UK railroading

Such an entertaining picture.

Β 

It had to be the south, and it is Kingsland, Georgia. The Oakwood Armory is on Facebook. Here's the "big American flag" of which they speak. They have bake sales too!

Β 

Apart from the prominent billboard, what strikes me is all the other billboards that project over the right of way. They could hang catenary wires from the billboards and electrify this section without masts!

Β 

I wonder what kind of deal Vista advertising had with the St. Mary's Railroad short line.

I've got a photo somewhere of a huge lineside ad for gun control and banning gun show sales. It wasn't taken in the south!

Β 

There are always exceptions: New Hampshire. Motto (on every license plate):n "Live Free or Die"

Β 

Best, Pete.

I've got a photo somewhere of a huge lineside ad for gun control and banning gun show sales. It wasn't taken in the south!

Β 

Along Interstate 81 just south of Bristol, Tennessee is a large gun shop with huge signs for various brands of firearms plus an equally huge sign "Jesus Love You".

• RMweb Premium

There are always exceptions: New Hampshire. Motto (on every license plate):n "Live Free or Die"

Β 

Best, Pete.

Β 

There's always someone that doesn't want to pay.

• RMweb Gold

I did notice and drove very carefully across NH! My hire car had a Virginia licence plate.

The big anti gun show advert was along the rail line in Boston near Fenway Park.

I quite like the little store (shack) on PA 287 south of Wellsboro that advertises beer, bait, and guns...

I'm pretty sure this is it, although it doesn't look like it advertises much any more http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=41.525451,-77.282799&spn=0.000004,0.002588&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.525546,-77.282843&panoid=bQqnyBkyt3UeskXrPzF2kg&cbp=12,66.44,,0,0

Β 

When I first started going regularly to the US (competing in car rallies), I met a fair number of people from different areas and walks of life. It has only been recently that I have been finding out how many of them habitually carry a handgun.

Β 

Adrian

This sign http://www.arestless...-general-store/ (scroll down past the title photo of the VW camper) is fairly well known. I am not sure if it was photo-shopped, the establishment in question does carry all items listed.

Β 

Great blog BTW - I spent ages....only just managed to stop myself handing in my notice, buying a camper van and heading for the horizon! ;)

Y'all do recognize the irony in this discussion that the reason the US has "the right to bear arms" in the Constitution was a response to an occupation by a Brit army?

Β 

The root cause of gun ownership wasn't "rednecks' it was "red coats". 8-)

Archived