Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

Two pairs of the same thing (one set for a friend)

60 window blanks, 8 corridor end blanks. 28 sets of door hinges to fill in.

Apologies for the dodgy pics

post-408-0-81075900-1445723389_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-98568100-1445723393_thumb.jpg

Lots of patience - as I still have 5 of the 8 sides to finish before primer.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

The first one has been primed.

Quite pleased that it only needs a small amount of fettling.

post-408-0-51402800-1445899165_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-36430700-1445899169_thumb.jpg

Cruel close up - it looks like a deep canyon on the lower left, but more like a scratch to the naked eye.

post-408-0-62369900-1445899163_thumb.jpg

The other three are about to be primed and this one is to have a 2nd fill.

Suitable transfers have been ordered.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

If they are what you think they are, then the other solution is to cut some VERY thin window overlays. I've bought a new toy for my workbench with that in mind......

Cheers,

Mick

They are now ready for the next step. This is a view of the four sides.

post-408-0-43858900-1446244493_thumb.jpg

The larger side windows are panelled with sheet blanks and I needed to cut them from a thin material. In this case - photo paper. However, I'm not known for cutting lots of rectangles of the same size with a degree of accuracy, so my new toy was employed and this is the result.

post-408-0-59027500-1446244490_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-68368700-1446244491_thumb.jpg

The new addtion to the workbench is a Silhouette Portrait cutter - ideal for thin sheet materials. See here for the rmweb thread.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Mick, O Meister of all things yellow, what is it that spits stripes of yellow paint in the 'four foot' ?

Hi Andy,

Have you any photos of said stripes?

The inspection saloon 999508 had a method of spraying paint - manually operated from the observer in the duckets. However, as this has been retired for a couple of years, I don't think the process is now carried out.

Imperfections in the track are recorded by the relevant coaches and identified by GPS. I guess that any locations that need immediate inspection with the Mk1 eyeball can be passed to the lineside workers.

Cheers,

Mick

Sorry no pics, but the ones I saw were offset from centreline, on occasion either side, I'd say approx 8" wide and 6' long.

Beyond that can't say, except these were between B-o-T and Tamworth, observed on Friday last.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry no pics, but the ones I saw were offset from centreline, on occasion either side, I'd say approx 8" wide and 6' long.

Beyond that can't say, except these were between B-o-T and Tamworth, observed on Friday last.

I would go for some form of identification from a mobile track testing vehicle.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I stuck the blanks onto one of the coaches, but it was very obvious that I'd used paper that was too thick.

So another set was cut using thin self adhesive paper.

post-408-0-90847500-1446681627_thumb.jpg

A quick dusting with white primer and they're virtually ready for top colours. (Only two runs of masking tape and three colours of paint)

post-408-0-41417800-1446681630_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-58060300-1446681632_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

They are network rail yellow, they snuck out of WWH earlier to derby behind 50007

i was hoping to get some pics but my train was blocking that one from getting into the station so i had to move to let him in!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xtrmntr007/22917900596/in/photolist-AWDt1p-AUtDJm-AmXEC8-A1qR8U-AYMvdT-ARMdTz-AjtQKD-AV9QTS-AjQurG-AMPTWG-AYCp8p-AVbepb

By coincidence, I have a Class 50 joining the fleet in the next couple of days. I had been looking at the Model Rail mag conversion kit for these, but not got very far. I believe Pete Harvey has done a test etch for them.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xtrmntr007/22917900596/in/photolist-AWDt1p-AUtDJm-AmXEC8-A1qR8U-AYMvdT-ARMdTz-AjtQKD-AV9QTS-AjQurG-AMPTWG-AYCp8p-AVbepb

By coincidence, I have a Class 50 joining the fleet in the next couple of days. I had been looking at the Model Rail mag conversion kit for these, but not got very far. I believe Pete Harvey has done a test etch for them.

Cheers,

Mick

Some detailed pictures from here https://mark5812.smugmug.com/Trains-2015/November-2015/i-dGwtHjs/A

Mark

https://mark5812.smugmug.com/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The BG's are mostly painted with base colours. A bit of touching up and then varnishing ready for transfers.

Underframes to be worked on next.

However.... No photos yet, but they should be ready for my demo stand at the NEC (A58 - come and say hello)

I'm researching a couple more projects for my DL layout as well as preparing a few bits for the above mentioned demo stand.

• Like 1