New board for Sweethome Alabama

I just finished the scenery on a new board for Sweethome Alabama, in preparation for Nottingham show in under a fortnight. This entailed adding a 4ft extention to an existing short board and adds a river crossing to the layout. It took just under three weeks to complete from start to finish and included making the trees.

Although there are no turnouts on the board, the track in the foreground will eventually lead to a small asphalt plant, which will hide the left hand fiddle yard.

I'll start at the end with some photos of the finished scenery

IMG_19542.JPG

IMG_19561.JPG

IMG_19712.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_19812.JPG

I still have the lighting rig and fascia board to build and the fiddle yard ro rebuild. The electrics also need attention

Jon

Biggest vultures I've seen - I had one in my garden yesterday.......

Most East Coast ones are black btw with pale grey patches on their undersides (visible before you lay down and they come to you...)

Best, Pete.

Was the Can Pac GP a sacrificial tester - if it falls in the river never mind?

What he said!

Just thinking that the Can Pac Geep was the best thing I had seen so far.........

Superb work again by the way......!

Re the CP GP38-2 bodies. If anyone is interested in swapping either one or both bodies (anti-climber and longer 86" short hood) for the standard GP38-2 Trainman body (any livery) I'd be happy to swap. I've looked long and hard for Alabama-based GP38-2s with the long short hood and drew a blank

Jon

• You,ve done a great job of capturing what is just North of here, very good.

Andrew

Thanks for the feedback, Andrew. Since I've never been to the USA, I'm happy the model is starting to look like where it's meant to be. Here's a photo I took last night showing both of the new boards I've been messing with over the last month

IMG_21092.JPG

Archived