The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Gold

Maybe 35ft is a bit too much but 25-30ft minimum would be needed in 00. This would accomodate a 23 HTA rake and a 60/66 as well as the run rounds and approach near the road bridge.

You haven't looked at my plan have you, no worries, you carry on with that idea and I'll stick to mine,

You haven't looked at my plan have you, no worries, you carry on with that idea and I'll stick to mine,

I had a look, but it didnt have any dimensions for oo gauge?

I had a look on google maps and there is a bit of overgrown track at the far end which was where the line would have continued before dissapearing into trees and bushes. If I did make the effort to model this location I would model the far end with the overgrown track to make it look like the prototype. So with the approach with the road bridge, the crossovers and fun length sidings with the far end modelled as overgrown I would say 20-25ft would be a good size. Although if the train lengths were reduced to aroud 15-19 HTAs then the length would be reduced to around 16-18ft.

Practically, N gauge would be the best scale.

Edited by Arpleymodeller

• 2 weeks later...

I think I saw a DBS red example yesterday past my house heading towards the station in Hereford on an engineer's working in the Shrewsbury direction - looked like a long train of MFA type low sided opens.

Can anybody clarify? First one I have seen down this way for a while.

• RMweb Gold

I think I saw a DBS red example yesterday past my house heading towards the station in Hereford on an engineer's working in the Shrewsbury direction - looked like a long train of MFA type low sided opens.

Can anybody clarify? First one I have seen down this way for a while.

You did, it was 60011 heading to Crewe via Wrexham / Chester

• Like 1

Hi All,

Had to go to Newport and back today (where has all the freight and Llanwern gone ??)

Waited around for 20 mins on arrival back at Swindon and was treated to 60071 on 6B33 Theale - Robston followed by 60011 departing from Cocklebury sidings bound for Newport Docks on the 6B50 coil empties..........

Two 60 photos within 15 mins - good day !! :sungum:

6B49 runs from Llanwern to Swindon Stores, which is just next to the Kemble Line, not at South Marston. I believe it supplies BMW (Mini) with steel.

6B50 is the return, and can depart anywhere between 13.30 and 17.30 depending on the load

jo

Hi All,

Was going to Post this yesterday but my Laptop was in PC world having a up grade due the thing Crashing !!!!

well any way i saw the beast that is 60007 working the Peak forest to Selby yesterday afternoon looking GREAT and sounding FANTASTIC :locomotive:

Cheers

AndyT