Arnington

Hi All,

I have gotten a bit of modelling mojo back and finally got round to finishing weathering up both sides of my Heljan 58. I'm quite happy how she's turned out, really wanted to get the well worn look that i've seen when viewing the class at work passing Clay Cross in the late 80's, some of them were proper grubby! Here's a pic.

Arnie

post-1198-0-99163000-1325712566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 3

Well I've just read the whole of this thread and I think you have done some very nice work, the weathering is great and those Peaks well that just takes me back............. Thanks!

Exactly - modelled from a perspective of someone who must have been "there" correct me if I am wrong? - happy days.

Images send you right back to those days when Traction was half decent.

Following with interest - although you must have exhausted your stock for images?

An excellent read excellent modelling - dont know how I have missed it in the past.

Ian

Ian

Well I've just read the whole of this thread and I think you have done some very nice work, the weathering is great and those Peaks well that just takes me back............. Thanks!

Thanks very much for the kind comments :) Peaks have always been a favorite of mine especially the later flush fronted type.

Arnie

Exactly - modelled from a perspective of someone who must have been "there" correct me if I am wrong? - happy days.

Images send you right back to those days when Traction was half decent.

Following with interest - although you must have exhausted your stock for images?

An excellent read excellent modelling - dont know how I have missed it in the past.

Ian

Ian

Cheers Ian for the great comments, yes i was just about there, i remember as a child my dad first taking me on a day out round the London stations in 1985 and remember vividly St Pancras and seeing the Peaks there which i think is where my fondness for them came from. Happy day's indeed, i wish it was all still around today but at least

all the great modelling i see on RMweb helps keep the memories alive :) I'm just about to send some 56's (another of my favourite loco type) off too Jon at Peakdale for some resprays into Large logo blue and orginal railfreight which i know will look superb as Jon has done resprays for me in the past and his work is top notch! So i will have some more stock for pic's and also i'm continiung working on the other side of the layout which will eventually have a station terminus and other bit's incorporated into it. I will post progress pic's on this when i crack on with it.

Arnie

• Like 2

First recollection is at Preston on the footbridge getting soot in my eye.

Shows my age.....!

Got dragged to the WCML by a mate in '73 watching doublehead 50's blasting up to Shap just before the onset of electrification.

Hooked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peeps,

Here's some pics of a couple of Ped's, i have renumbered the Banger Blue one as 31288 and added the LMR hash on the side and she's now ready to go to work on some engineers duties.

Arnie

post-1198-0-53952500-1327156944_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-38772400-1327156960_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-40889000-1349897604_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi Guy's

Not been on here for a while i have been busy putting a little n gauge project together which i will post some pics of soon :) In the meantime the latest loco's to take up residence at Arnash lane are 56126 which arrived from Peakdale works a while back and is a real beauty, i have fitted her with sound and she is currently screaming round the layout, and 45052 which i have fitted lights to, here are a few pic's.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-11563700-1346085312_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-38824700-1346085360_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-72512900-1346085374_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-61733700-1346085404_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-05157800-1346085420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 7

Couldn't agree more Alex, Grid 126 looks superb Arnie. Right up my street........

Great collection again Arnie - good to see the updates. You can't beat a large logo grid! ;)

Cheers guy's :) Yeah grids in large logo are a fav of mine, still wonder why Hornby haven't announced one yet!

Cheers Neil :) Gonna be going to Model Rail live this year, really looking forward to seeing Outon Road, will say hi to you and Cav

Cheers mate definatly come and say hello, be good to put a face to the name :)

Hi Arnie,

Nice to see a few pics, as much as I like the Large Logo grid my favourite is 45052 what a beast.

What day are you going to Modelrail live, I am going on the Saturday.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Arnie,

Nice to see a few pics, as much as I like the Large Logo grid my favourite is 45052 what a beast.

What day are you going to Modelrail live, I am going on the Saturday.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Cheers, i'm also going on the sat to Model Rail, really looking forward to it! Going to be a busy Weekend as i'm off to the MNR on the Sunday for the 47 50th anniversary event :)

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Peter,

Cheers, i'm also going on the sat to Model Rail, really looking forward to it! Going to be a busy Weekend as i'm off to the MNR on the Sunday for the 47 50th anniversary event :)

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Arnie,

Might catch up on the Saturday then I will be there with my brother.

Cheers Peter.