Hi,

Having read Lance Mindheim's excellent new book 'How to operate a Modern Era switching layout' and learnt much about US switching operations,

I was inspired to produce a new video.

Also thought I'd try out my new U-Boat which has excellent slow speed control and seems to have more in built inertia

than my other 2 locos.

Hope you like it.

http://youtu.be/EZXi0mlWqJE

regards,

Mal

Hi Mal,

A great way to "waste" 7:26!

I never realised how quiet & genteel "U Boats" sounded.

Nick

NIck, here's a couple of vids that might change your mind :)

The U boats and -7s had a real bark to the exhaust when working hard...they were wonderful.

Mal I wish you'd stop it.... :rolleyes:

Stop filming a real place and trying to pass it off as a model railway layout...!!! Honestly - you're not fooling anyone, y'know..!!! :mad:

Seriously - the only thing missing is a model Conductor running around throwing the turnouts and pulling the couplings! Other than that, the superlatives are running out.... :D

Thanks for the kind comments guys, much appreciated.

I'm simply hoping to demonstrate that a small layout can be great fun and easy to build.

Craig - loved the videos, wish my U-Boat sounded like that. The first video had me fooled, as the units emerged from the tunnel, I thought it was a model video! :wacko:

I've obviously spent far to much time editing my own video, now I'm confusing prototype with model videos!

regards,

Mal

Archived