Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

Congratulate the person with the Austrian layout on their depiction of Germany. Or the person with the Canadian layout on their depiction of the USA. If somebody has built a perfect scale replica of a station in a lesser known country loudly insist that the country does not exist.

station cat, on 07 Nov 2014 - 00:05, said:

. Or the person with the Canadian layout on their depiction of the USA.

According to the UN calling a Canadian 'American' is justifiable homicide. I should know. Been hiding the bodies for SWMBO for years. One show trader almost got lynched by her for hanging the Maple Leaf upside down a few years back. I came close to getting hung drawn and quartered for pointing out to one layout owner that his beautiful 50s Canadian layout was flying the wrong flag. He had about 6 or 7 depicted on the layout. (The well known Maple Leaf didn't exist until 1965)  What fun!

• RMweb Gold

I htought that I had found a way of asking someone that I wasnt sure if they were Canadian or US thinknig they must be from Vancouver or that far west:

'So which part of the West Coast are you from?'

'Toronto' :nono:

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

roundhouse, on 07 Nov 2014 - 08:30, said:

I htought that I had found a way of asking someone that I wasnt sure if they were Canadian or US thinknig they must be from Vancouver or that far west:

'So which part of the West Coast are you from?'

'Toronto' :nono:

Vancouver BC or Vancouver WA?

According to the UN calling a Canadian 'American' is justifiable homicide. I should know. Been hiding the bodies for SWMBO for years. One show trader almost got lynched by her for hanging the Maple Leaf upside down a few years back. I came close to getting hung drawn and quartered for pointing out to one layout owner that his beautiful 50s Canadian layout was flying the wrong flag. He had about 6 or 7 depicted on the layout. (The well known Maple Leaf didn't exist until 1965)  What fun!

The Americas are the Continent.  From Canada in the North, the USA, Mexico, and all countries South to Argentina have Americans living in them. :friends:

Andy

The Americas are the Continent.  From Canada in the North, the USA, Mexico, and all countries South to Argentina have Americans living in them. :friends:

Andy

And I believe all places North of the Mexican border have Mexicans living in them.......
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy

In which case we (in Britain) should all be called Europeans then... :jester: let's see who's the first to agree to using that title...!!

David

• RMweb Premium

I'm an EU citizen.

And we're both from Walthamstow. :jester:

Andy

HaHa!  I'm only living here though; my nationality is Welsh ( at least it would be if the Welsh Assembly had its way...!!)

David

In which case we (in Britain) should all be called Europeans then... :jester: let's see who's the first to agree to using that title...!!

David

Im not European, I'm English - Europeans are the people we traditionally have wars with!
  • Like 1

David

Fine by me, we've got to be part of some continent (most places are) and what else could it be? I'm still, in increasing circles, Cornish (skip English), British, European, human.

It's because we're European that we have wars with Europeans, otherwise they wouldn't be close enough.

Edited by johnarcher

Im not European, I'm English - Europeans are the people we traditionally have wars with!

I'm a Yorkshireman...   Lancastrians are the people we tradiionally have wars with!  :nono:

• Like 3