EBay madness

Marcyg

TRIANG LOCO DRIVE PRINCESS CLASS UNFINISHED PROJECT

I can't help thinking that an awful lot of work is needed to complete this as a working Triang Princess

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-LOCO-DRIVE-PRINCESS-CLASS-UNFINISHED-PROJECT-/281539936528?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item418d168110

As it is a "Flying Scotsman" Loco, and a "Britannia" tender, both re-painted, I dare say you are correct! ;)

There is no easy way to connect the tender which has a pin coupling, to the loco, which is also a pin coupling as well! :scratchhead:

The Tri-ang version was stretched a bit (can't understand why - they made a whole new chassis block and pony trucks for it, but were too mean to make new coupling rods* ) and the result is long enough to fit the 4MT chassis (again why - there's no shortage of any of the correct parts).

*and used  the wheels and the rods from the 3F tank, which are about a couple of scale feet too long. (Undersize wheels and over length rods look rather ridiculous IMHO. The model could have been quite reasonable for a little more care.)

It seems that the only alternative, short of expensive new wheel tooling, was the Princess size driving wheels, which were considered too big!

All part of the then current Tri-ang "Design Clever" and keep the price down thinking! ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

I leave that to others  - making a reproduction that isn't marked as such, but does bear a likeness of the original trade mark transfer.

Not only does it not look like an M7, it doesn't look much like anything...

"Minty"...dipped in Toothpaste? ;)

More seriously, this is the less common R.59 3MT 2-6-2 T 1959 Black livery with late crest model. (I did have one, but is has been passed on...)

I take the "box" description to say that it is a Tri-ang "lift off lid" Loco Box, but not an R.59 box? :scratchhead:

It seems that the only alternative, short of expensive new wheel tooling, was the Princess size driving wheels, which were considered too big!

All part of the then current Tri-ang "Design Clever" and keep the price down thinking! ;)

The wheels I can understand (they are less undersize than Dublo's Duchess and A4), but the wheelbase? (Dublo bug messed up their Castle and R1 with this same penny pinching.)

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

At least it looks like the running plate is straight....................................

Cheers,

Mick

Quoting Lawrence and Goddard is a bit off when you consider that most of us could do something better than that and, could put a loco wheel on the front truck in place of an 8 spoke wagon wheel with what looks like the pinpoints still on....

A 4-6-0 too.

Dave F

Quoting Lawrence and Goddard is a bit off when you consider that most of us could do something better than that and, could put a loco wheel on the front truck in place of an 8 spoke wagon wheel with what looks like the pinpoints still on....

A 4-6-0 too.

Dave F

Sadly, it's what he does, Dave.

One day he WILL get pulled for it :butcher: , but until then, well, we have ammunition on here :triniti:

• Like 1

Another mixed bag "conversion".....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triang-princess-/321622835348?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ae2370094

The result of a BoB and Princess marriage with BR Britania Name and Numbers....and lights!

The photos are too dark to make much out, but perhaps it's just as well! :O :no:

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triang-princess-/321622835348?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ae2370094

The result of a BoB and Princess marriage with BR Britania Name and Numbers....and lights!

He's got these Hornby coaches as well.  You know, the ones with the solid underframes that came with that magazine.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-coaches-used-/321622895703?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ae237ec57

• Like 1

A 4-6-0 too.

Dave F

Gosturd

• RMweb Premium

So what is the letter 'I' in aid of? Perhaps its the Central Ireland Railway, I think there was such a thing? Whether or not this was one of theirs I have no idea.

• RMweb Gold

Hard-working engines weren't always spotless in pre-grouping days. But I wouldn't weather it like that....

...and charging £60+ for a quick light 'blow over'

..and people are bidding for this load of.........