EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

There seems to be a large supply of ancient Tri-ang WELTROLS available for these things. I doubt they are of sufficiently high rating for this load (30T on bogies IIRC - less in the well) and why is the wagon all orange 'rusty' too? (and not all that good as a model anyway).

I cannot believe that price! :O

You could get a working one for that!...even a Ringfield motored one!

• RMweb Premium

There seems to be a large supply of ancient Tri-ang WELTROLS available for these things. I doubt they are of sufficiently high rating for this load (30T on bogies IIRC - less in the well) and why is the wagon all orange 'rusty' too? (and not all that good as a model anyway).

Somebody needs to show the "professional artist" my arse what real rust looks like. :laugh:

And I was thinking the same thing David, that Weltrol would be over loaded I think. :O

Far Twittering and Oyster Creek Railway....

Also see Smallbrook Studios (?) "Roland Emmett" inspired models....like those seen at the Festival of Britain in 1951.

(Roll on 2051 for the next Festival...)

Oh yes!  As a boy my School had a complete set of bound copies of Punch.  I used to spend happy days on the library mezzanine (where they were kept) reading these and Emmett was one of my favourite cartoonists.

If I ever get my garden railway there is a strong possibility I will not have any bridges so the loading gauge doesn't interfere with some of these...

• Like 3

Oh I really truly despair at things like that heap of brown ordure.

ˈɔːdjʊə/

Edited by 'CHARD

• RMweb Gold

ˈɔːdjʊə/

Yet looking how often examples appear here (and actually sell) he appears to have carved out quite a nice little market for himself.

Oh yes!  As a boy my School had a complete set of bound copies of Punch.  I used to spend happy days on the library mezzanine (where they were kept) reading these and Emmett was one of my favourite cartoonists.

If I ever get my garden railway there is a strong possibility I will not have any bridges so the loading gauge doesn't interfere with some of these...

Thanks for the link...

Now I know what Tri-ang "Standard" track was really designed for..."Emett Style Garden Railways"! :)

• RMweb Gold

I cannot believe that price! :O

You could get a working one for that!...even a Ringfield motored one!

I know we've seen quite a bit from this seller now but what really gasted my flabber was the fact the buyer has a score of 1100+ - maybe we'll see it soon from one of our usual suspects?   "You are bidding on a hard to find Code 3 pile of...."

Perhaps they thought they were getting 3 coaches? The listing is not exactly clear, though the use of the singular should be sufficient.

Thanks for the link...

Now I know what Tri-ang "Standard" track was really designed for..."Emett Style Garden Railways"! :)

I've a feeling that the fine wheelsets might have problems with the pointwork of Tri-ang Standard or Series 3. Some of the early (warped) acetate track would certainly be in keeping with the F. T. & O. R.

I have faint memories (I was four at the time!) of riding on the real thing at the Festival of Britain in 1951 (hauled by 'Neptune' IIRC) and riding on a London tramcar.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ta to A@Y on the DEMu forum for this one.

Not true "madness", but a prime example of paint it yellow and put Network rail stickers on it, even though there aren't any Mk4's in NR service.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261361675546

Cheers,

Mick

He's got this as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Class-31-CO-CO-Diesel-Loco-in-Network-Rail-Livery-OO-guage-/261362876210?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3cda70ff32

I've a feeling that the fine wheelsets might have problems with the pointwork of Tri-ang Standard or Series 3. Some of the early (warped) acetate track would certainly be in keeping with the F. T. & O. R.

I have faint memories (I was four at the time!) of riding on the real thing at the Festival of Britain in 1951 (hauled by 'Neptune' IIRC) and riding on a London tramcar.

A thought - finally those dreadful spindly Hornby wagon underframes can be used for something!

Seeing the address of the first seller (and the price of the book!), is it a relation of someone we have met before?

http://www.abebooks.com/book-search/title/far-twittering/page-1/

EDIT 'and' not 'add' - finger trouble

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One of my fave films is on at the moment and there's a scene in the film that I'd like to recreate with that example.

"You're only supposed to blow the bl&&dy doors off!"

Cheers,

Mick

ˈɔːdjʊə/

Ah .. this is an example of Germanic weathering believe it or not. Germany recently adopted the following word and it became 'Anglicism of the Year 2012'. Obviously, this use is new, but completely apt ...sh!tstorm

• Like 1