EBay madness

Marcyg

Here we have a seller who splits up stuff...Body, Chassis, tender, box....all separate lots.

So...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-OO-SUPERB-EXAMPLE-of-PRINCESS-VICTORIA-FANTASTIC-RUNNER-NO-TENDER-/200992701279?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ecc193b5f

(Ignore the category of "TRIX", the seller has listed a lot of Trix...)

No, not the Tri-ang version...this is the 1974 Hornby Version...one I haven't got. (and won't at these prices! :O )

No Tender...well, that is a bit of a white lie...the seller has the tender, but wants even more money for it! It is listed a long way down the sellers listings (But I sort of knew it would be there somewhere! ;) )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-SUPERB-EXAMPLE-of-a-PRINCESS-TENDER-WITH-CHUFF-CHUFF-SOUND-/200993066470?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ecc1ecde6

Not Trix (again) but it IS Hornby...1974 edition...Is this a record for an un-powered Hornby Tender?

No sign of the box or instructions yet! :scratchhead:

Loco £75.00

Tender £35.00

Total £110.00

Not bad..I didn't buy one at £65.00, in box and with the correct instructions! :O

Silly me!

Now have a look at all the locos, Trix Flying Scotsman included, broken up for profit....

The collectors would possibly be happy as it makeds their complete examples "worth" more?

I still think it is a bit sad......

He certainly knows how to charge (a relation of Gostude?)

This is rather attractive, but if she's really worth £265, I'd better finish mine. (Vallejo 'Prussian Blue' and still to do the lining! - Pressfix). (Can a repaint be described as "near mint" though? and I understand the light blue came in with the lion emblem in 1949, BRITISH RAILWAYS' being either black of the experimental dark blue - I could be wrong???)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Dublo-3-Rail-BR-Blue-4-6-2-Duchess-Buccleuch-46230-SUPERB-PRO-REPAINT-/200970200030?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ecac1e3de

His Alfasud parts seem OTT too. £195 for a brake caliper - the whole car isn't worth that!

I was under the impression that the engines and various other useful bits were removed before the units were sent for scrap.

I do know that some units held for possible resale were so treated.

He does seem to have established a niche market as his creations have graced these pages on quite a few occasions.

Good luck to him, if he can find enough willing punters to make it worthwhile.

Bernard

He's left the engines in place (or rather the rather crude moulding that passes for them) - just nicked the motor bogie. Looking at the pictures again, I see it's supposed to be blue that's flaked off (an enormous patch) to reveal the green underneath - blue gangways are unlikely however and no comment on all that orange on the underframe....

His feedback shows no selling prices, all 'private'.  Peoplw muat be buying at these inflated prices

Top end of standard!  They were going for in excess of £150 this time last year & have gone for £250 recently.

I really wanted one for my layout as The Small Controller has grown up with FGW, but wouldn't pay these prices for something new, let alone second hand.  Sadly it's the law of supply & demand - I've asked Bachmann if they will reissue, but they say they can't replicate the current livery & won't be convinced there's a demand for this!

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, I was helping out a wife's work at that time.......

Otherwise I definitely wouldn't have bidded on it.

Cheers,

Mick

Ooooohhhh....

Nice....it says it is "SANTASTIC".  well, close! ;)

Happy Christmas....well what is left! ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

Nice try, but no.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-ARTICULATED-LNER-TEAK-COACHES-FOR-3-RAIL-RUNNING-UNBOXED-/181285080455?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a356ecd87

Putting the brake third the right way round would be a good start. The photos are too poor to see if the other coach is correctly a full third (probably not, as the third is rare enough to not tamper with).

I did one of these years ago, but it didn't look right somehow.

And what is "MEGA-RARE" about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Dublo-4025-4026-BR-Mk-1-Surburban-Stock-S41060-S43374-MEGA-RARE-/111243487710?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19e6a0e9de

Even the rarer later series coaches don't qualify.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

Argh the flashing purple & dark blue text - I've got a headache!

In the minds of a fair number of ebay sellers, something which is not currently in production / available new is automatically 'rare', even when there are thousands of them around!

Are they available medium-rare?

• Like 2

Judging by the state of the couplings and the scruffy windows, they appear to be 'well done' , despite the seller's description, "HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY WELL LOOKED AFTER".   

Still someone thinks they're worth a fiver - not too far off IMHO!

Edited by Il Grifone

I'm pretty sure at one point you could buy the actual model for this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-760-Class-57-3-Virgin-Trains-Lady-Penelope-Etched-Plates-ONLY-/301048478288?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4617e33a50

I remember seeing them on eBay for around the £40 mark shortly after they came out. The price then seemed to sky rocket some time afterwards.

I thought part of the license agreement included the clause that the plates could only be supplied glued to a loco bodyshell- which either means that these have come out of a back door somewhere, or are unlicensed copies. Edited by 298

I thought part of the license agreement included the clause that the plates could only be supplied glued to a loco bodyshell- which either means that these have come out of a back door somewhere, or are unlicensed copies.

Probably wangled a set out of Bachmann by claiming the model came without?

Is it one of the Far Twittering kits? must appeal to someone I guess.

Far Twittering and Oyster Creek Railway....

Also see Smallbrook Studios (?) "Roland Emmett" inspired models....like those seen at the Festival of Britain in 1951.

(Roll on 2051 for the next Festival...)

• RMweb Gold

I thought part of the license agreement included the clause that the plates could only be supplied glued to a loco bodyshell- which either means that these have come out of a back door somewhere, or are unlicensed copies.

When I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago, the plates were in the same condition as those just offered for sale, and needed the usual careful trimming and fitting. The names weren't printed on the loco, as is often the case.

Think there were small black guide marks on the loco side to aid positioning. Therefore these are probably legit, but why weren't they fitted to a loco?