EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Paint it yellow and put  NR stickers on it.  No wait!  A new twist.  Paint it yellow and put GW stickers on it.  Newbryford never thought of that!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-GWR-western-region-departmental-Toad-brake-van-00-scale-/300949491422?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4611fccede

Edited by Metr0Land

They shoot horses don't they?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/model-railway-/200953337941?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ec9c09855

Edit:  Just noticed he failed to sell at 99p so now thinks it's worth a punt starting at £1.50

I think I used to have one of them, but complete and working. It caused a bit of a bump in the track as it was connected to Super 4 track that was thinner!

• RMweb Gold

The dents in the polystyrene packing are the same! ..................

Also the bottom RHS bogie is at stuck in the polystyrene at exactly the same angle which seems to prove that it hasn't even been taken out of the box to check it.

• RMweb Gold

Also the bottom RHS bogie is at stuck in the polystyrene at exactly the same angle which seems to prove that it hasn't even been taken out of the box to check it.

Or in Cartmelspeak....  "A hard to find unchecked model"  :triniti:

• RMweb Gold

In fairness to the seller, he has to start somewhere, and when he does his feedback will be nil.  He started the lisiting at 99p which is reasonable.

So we now have an apparant newbie selling a much sought after item. What does one do?

• RMweb Gold

In fairness to the seller, he has to start somewhere, and when he does his feedback will be nil.  He started the lisiting at 99p which is reasonable.

So we now have an apparant newbie selling a much sought after item. What does one do?

I agree we all have to start somewhere but I'm alway dubious of people with no track record suddenly having a high value item on sale.  Maybe it's because I've seen it too often with camera and electronic goods where it's either come off the back of a lorry or seems too good to be true 'cos the item isn't even there.

We've no way of knowing.  I was just asking if anyone would bid on this?  For myself, I simply never do if high price items in any category appear from anyone with no record.

I agree we all have to start somewhere but I'm alway dubious of people with no track record suddenly having a high value item on sale.  Maybe it's because I've seen it too often with camera and electronic goods where it's either come off the back of a lorry or seems too good to be true 'cos the item isn't even there.

We've no way of knowing.  I was just asking if anyone would bid on this?  For myself, I simply never do if high price items in any category appear from anyone with no record.

Quite agree in normal circumstances, but in this case the item was well advertised in various 'bookish' areas well before listing on eBay and the provenance was well known.

• RMweb Gold

Quite agree in normal circumstances, but in this case the item was well advertised in various 'bookish' areas well before listing on eBay and the provenance was well known.

Ah ok,  Books isn't my area of expertise (can you tell?).

BTW that's one of the great things about rmweb with N thousand members.  If you need help/info there's likely to be someone with expertise.

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Now then. Just suppose you had a US HO steam loco, not the finest ever made, and wanted to dispose. Would you list it under OO Gauge> Wagons> Dapol Wagons. No, I thought not. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HO-Bachmann-Chicago-Northwestern-4-6-0-2313-Boxed-/350856464634?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51b0acc8fa

• RMweb Premium

Now then. Just suppose you had a US HO steam loco, not the finest ever made, and wanted to dispose. Would you list it under OO Gauge> Wagons> Dapol Wagons. No, I thought not. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HO-Bachmann-Chicago-Northwestern-4-6-0-2313-Boxed-/350856464634?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51b0acc8fa

It also suffers from the all to common problem, that 2 axles on the tender are wide to gauge and won't fit the track!

• RMweb Gold

Well guys (and gals) we've seen Heljan Container Cranes go for silly money (IIRC £2k the last time).  This one was £420 this morning and £600 with 2 mins to go, and stayed at £600.  I wonder if the guy who paid £2k was watching?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300947228677?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if that could convert insulfrog to live frog with just a thin application?   (Or at least make most of the frog conductive)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Maybe he bought this one as well?

Just noticed the winning bidder has 63 bid retractions in last 6 months.  It's a shame we don't get full id now as he'd be straight on my blocked buyers list.