EBay madness

Marcyg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Train-for-sale-/141027749224?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20d5e8ad68

I must confess the seller's name is kinda wistful-sounding in the circumstances.  

Eastfield's pet Class 09 anyone?  Not that it's much nearer an 09 than a Clog fashioned from deep-frozen marzipan.  With a chisel.

We should all add it to our 'watch list', just to let the seller know he has someone interested... :mosking:

Edited by gazmanjack
  • Like 2

I'd be valuing my time a wee bit differently if he expects a mere 99p for creating this lot;

A Tri-ang Hornby G.W.R. coach box for R332 from the 60/70's. In quite good condition for its age, both side and end flaps are there. One has the contents stamped on the white end panel. It has" Tri-ang Hornby Model Railways" on both sides,as well as one end. The base has the same as well, followed by "Chemins de fer miniature / Ferrovie in minitura / Modelleisenbahnen / Modelspoorveg / Modelljarnvager." Then on the bottom "MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN BY ROVEX Tri-ang". All the red is in good nick, and there is even the original Sellotape on one end. The see-through plastic face has some glue on it and is not stuck down in one place. Two small edge rips on see-through plastic have been mended. A nice box to store your coach in. Payment by PayPal, Cheques/ Postal Orders accepted. Due to P.O. rises, postage has had to go up. Overseas postage extra. 
Edited by 'CHARD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Train-for-sale-/141027749224?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20d5e8ad68

'Excellent condition'. Okay so where's the coupling rods and, has someone fitted scale wheels, could be a bargain after all.

Dave Franks

lima did release this 09 in a train set, and side rods were never fitted. I had the set years ago. always looked strange. the set had a marks and spencer open wagon I seem to remember.

Another keyword spammer - funny he didn't mention Airfix (or Dapol) who actually issued the control tower....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Railway-Building-Jouef-Faller-Kibri-Hornby-HO-suit-OO-00-/151095277644?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item232dfaf84c

"I will pack the item well. But we all know RM treatment of parcels so I will not be held responsible for any damage caused during shipping.

omis

Lost Items

Due to the changes in compensation policy from the postal service, any claims for lost items will be the responsibility of the buyer.

The reason for this is that in the past I have made the claim myself, but recent changes mean that sellers can only claim the cost of the item, not the sales value. This has left me out of pocket on a number of lost items recently. I will provide a valid certificate of posting and any other information for the buyer as necessary."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, as I understand it, the seller is responsible for lost items and has to make the claim against the carrier, not the buyer.

(I would agree with the seller's complaint against the iniquitous condition however -  one of the things that puts me off selling things on eBay! I gather they won't refund the postal charges either, despite failing to provide the service paid for)

• RMweb Gold

You are correct - the seller is responsible for lost items, which is why it is recommended that you use "recorded signed for" service.  If you haven't, and the buyer says the item was not received, then PayPal refunds your money from the seller's account.

I've only ever had one item lost in the post: I had used signed-for so it was clear to all (including RM) that it hadn't been delivered, so I got refunded by them and they did refund postage too.  I had to quote the Ebay item number and they refunded the actual sale value.

Looking at the seller's feedback he doesn't appear to have had anything lost in the post ....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, as I understand it, the seller is responsible for lost items and has to make the claim against the carrier, not the buyer.

(I would agree with the seller's complaint against the iniquitous condition however -  one of the things that puts me off selling things on eBay! I gather they won't refund the postal charges either, despite failing to provide the service paid for)

As the seller says, if he asks for compensation for a lost item from RM he will only get his cost price for it - if the buyer claims he will get refunded the cost at auction end, there is a special box for ebay auction numbers so they can verify. It is really up to you, if the seller is a nice guy and you feel like helping out (after he has provided proof of postage) then fair enough, fill in the claim yourself. If he isnt and starts procrastinating then get ebays complaints dept in there as soon as possible.

Personally though, I steer clear of people who put these sort of condition on their listings in bold italics, also a seller that claims he has  "a number of lost items recently" - just plain no - the two main reasons why parcels dont get where they are going - badly wrapped - wrongly addressed

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't think we've had this one from the 'if at first you don't succeed file'?  Mind you at only the 4th time of listing he's a novice compared with some of our usual suspects!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-railway-complete-with-scenery-locomtives-and-rolling-stock-OO-guage-/200950155159?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ec9900797

Why is it that when newbie's put in rubbish descriptions in the top line that scupper any chance of a decent sale price, it's never something I want?

Worked for me when I finally got my class 166 at a price I thought reasonable!

This  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111120084107?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_333wt_1255

looks  remarkably like  this   http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/resources.htm   (with some of the lines duplicated to fill the sheet) which has been available free gratis and for nothing on another website for several years,

• RMweb Gold

Yes, but the ebayer is printing them for you, and photo paper and ink is not cheap, I don't think he will be getting much of an hourly rate out of it.

Keith

That's true, and while I'm not the copyright police, I'm assuming that the seller has the right to sell prints of it.

• RMweb Premium

Have we seen this seller before ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Trains-Railway-Models-/479/i.html?item=250520946371&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a543646c3&_ssn=davecoley

Some hopeful prices there; but scroll down to the unboxed Mainline Stanier Compo @ £39.99 - I'll get mi wallet :jester:

• RMweb Gold