EBay madness

Marcyg

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1123

I was looking for an M7 but I don't think I will be in for BIN on this one. Might try and get a 99+% discount though

The seller's list of do's and don't s irritated me as much as the price, so I set out to ask if he was responsible for the silly price - but ebay told me he was unable to answer questions! A truly prize ######!

"I am not held responsible if the item is to be used in a manor in which it is not intended"

And which Manor would that be?. Or is it the period. A Georgian Manor would be to early....

Sierd Jan

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Would that be the same manor as the secure manor in which it will be wrapped for dispatch?

please note that I am not a business seller and a private seller, therefore I am not a shop.

Sounds like a riddle to me.

I see he has removed the block capitals conditions that show that he can't even spell "include" or get the name of the "Trade Descriptions Act" correct.

I sent him a message and did get a reply. Here it is (his caps)

Dear colin_mcleod,

YOU DONT HAVE TO BID, INFACT WHY DONT I MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU, AND BLOCK YOU!

- nilknarfja

At least I am now protected against making an expensive mistake and buying some of his items after a few drinks :jester:

• Like 5

Would that be the same manor as the secure manor in which it will be wrapped for dispatch?

Sounds like a riddle to me.

I see he has removed the block capitals conditions that show that he can't even spell "include" or get the name of the "Trade Descriptions Act" correct.

I sent him a message and did get a reply. Here it is (his caps)

[/font][/color]

At least I am now protected against making an expensive mistake and buying some of his items after a few drinks :jester:

He must really be having a bad hair day.

I might have forgiven his terms & conditions on the grounds that he might have been caught by someone but there's no excuse for that level of rudeness.

• RMweb Gold

How about this - £60 for a Wrenn R1 repainted in a strange imaginary Southern livery with the wrong number? I'm slightly confused by this.

It might be meant to be the SECR (South Eastern and Chatham Railway) First World War grey livery which lasted up to 1923. But it would not have been lined.

David

• RMweb Premium

One does wonder where people get these ideas from......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271060379536

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416afafafc

"from a distance it all looks ok."

Probably from about the same distance that the recent pics of our future queen were taken.......

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

This bit did make me chuckle though:

"Please note: This item is by no means a perfect item but it is what it is. Its a coach that has been converted to look like a MK2 DBSO, a random german looking wagon that is meant to vaguely act as the structure gauging wagon, then another MK1 wagon sprayed into Network Rail Livery."

And the money shot: "The Weathering Works... adding realism to your railway!" :O

Edited by Blacque Jacque
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Can't fault the honest description.

Maybe I should try "This is a house brick, but it is painted the correct shade of yellow and carries authentic markings and it is what it is - it has been *PRO WEATHERED* No returns"

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

Today's Ebay lesson concerns the value of shopping around before bidding, especially if the model is a current commission from a big shop in Liverpool that has a famous bargains list. Just a few seconds spent wisely on the internet could mean you won't end up buying a 2nd hand class 14 with bits dropping off for £93 all in when you could have got a brand new one for, erm, £93 all in Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Edited by Cleefy

I saved a grand total of four quid compared to an offer which came out the day after an auction recently. I was pleased to find, as expected, that the one I had bought was in good nick and nicely run-in, the latter probably making it a safer purchase, ironically!

This gets my goat - lazy and incompetent advertising, in this case by a seller with more than 1700 sales. And why would it be OO?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a79a3139c

Yes, it's a foreign model - but it took one v quick Google on Erie-Lackawanna 2409 to find this page, and there it is in this livery about the 5th pic down.

http://www.rrpicture....aspx?id=148044

Anything made by Kato is top quality, so this is worth quite a bit if properly advertised to the right audience.

Went for (Only?) £24.83 + 4.99p&p Seems cheap for a DCC fitted loco. I did think of bidding just to have someting to run on the club's new layout, but since I have not used my Ebay account since 2008 it's now suspended! They want all sorts of info. to re-instate, Don't think I'll bother!

• RMweb Premium