EBay madness

Marcyg

45 minutes ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

At college, browsing eBay…

IMG_2152.jpeg.c93cd2c47a1d70b334ef60b30c3e97fc.jpeg

How much!? Just tenders?! I’ve had a look and most seem to be Triangs, a few Hornby (tender drive, modified), plus what I assume to be the body from a Dublo WC?

That's completely nuts. The average modeller is only likely to want one or two of those tenders and a dealer who would move them on piecemeal isn't likely to want to offer much more than 20% of that stupid price.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's completely nuts. The average modeller is only likely to want one or two of those tenders and a dealer who would move them on piecemeal isn't likely to want to offer much more than 20% of that stupid price.

Agreed! On Saturday last week I paid a visit to my local train show, plenty of spare Triang bits being sold there, Princess bodies for a quid, I picked up a Nellie (complete and running!) for a fiver, amongst the lot was a lone Princess tender, couldn’t see a price but I imagine they’d want a fiver, tops.

Edited by Hacksworth_Sidings
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Not Quite 00 Gauge Deltic

A bit cheeky asking almost £50 for a static plastic loco with a less than stellar paint job.  Presumably a magazine model.

Also at a little over 9” long it’s a bit short for 1/76…

The seller has a few of these static models for sale for similar prices.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

A bit cheeky asking almost £50 for a static plastic loco with a less than stellar paint job.  Presumably a magazine model.

Cheers

Darius

I’ve been tempted by those static models for motorising, a lot of the magazine models were based on existing RTR models so, with some fettling, you could get them to fit an existing chassis.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

A GBL product at its finest. Its a ripoff of an old Lima, hence the shortness, the paintjob is as sold.  The lack of effort is compounded by the inclusion of the fake track it was supplied with.

16 minutes ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

I’ve been tempted by those static models for motorising, a lot of the magazine models were based on existing RTR models so, with some fettling, you could get them to fit an existing chassis.

Oh no....

Its Groundhog Day!!!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Hroth said:

A GBL product at its finest. Its a ripoff of an old Lima, hence the shortness, the paintjob is as sold.  The lack of effort is compounded by the inclusion of the fake track it was supplied with.

I thought the GBL models came with a raised plastic display base? That track looks like Triang Super 4 to me…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

For the price, why not throw in the track?

"The rail track shown in the listing photos is not part of this sale and is used for display purposes only."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

I thought the GBL models came with a raised plastic display base? That track looks like Triang Super 4 to me…

At first glance...

Paint Super 4 black (hide the rust?) and it looks pretty similar!

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

For the price, why not throw in the track?

"The rail track shown in the listing photos is not part of this sale and is used for display purposes only."

But would you WANT that manky bit of track? 🤪

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It seems he's already sold 4, I can't believe people are so **************** Insert expletive of your choice.

Mike.

One born every minute.

• Agree 1

Ok, tell me I’m wrong. Tell me that the seller, who earlier brought tears to the collectives’ eye with the slightly fuzzy-looking, ‘heavily weathered’ loco:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204764193516?

…didn’t source / shave off that err, rust / hairy stuff from this fine item, that they’re also trying to hawk:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204772985164?

TBH I can’t decide which is grossing me out the most right now.

😳

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, 40152 said:

Ok, tell me I’m wrong. Tell me that the seller, who earlier brought tears to the collectives’ eye with the slightly fuzzy-looking, ‘heavily weathered’ loco:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204764193516?

…didn’t source / shave off that err, rust / hairy stuff from this fine item, that they’re also trying to hawk:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204772985164?

TBH I can’t decide which is grossing me out the most right now.

😳

It's not enticing!

Perhaps its moulting, and rather than waste the bits falling off...

• Funny 6

12 minutes ago, 33C said:

No thanks,

It's not jumping out at me....

It says its a letter rack, not much bigger than a joey, so you should be ok.  Now, if it were a MAGAZINE rack, you could have problems...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

When I were in short trousers and the world was still in black and white because the Beatles hadn't discovered LSD and invented colour yet, my dad used to make a point of getting the farmers' weather forecast at Sunday lunchtime on ITV (he reckoned it was the most accurate of the week).  This would be just as we were sitting down to Sunday dinner, but everything had to cease and be silent while he listened to the forecast, nothing moved until it was over and making a noise resulted in instant death.  A regular feature of this ritual, as I say coinciding with sitting down to eat, was an advert for some sort of cure for Sarcoptic Mange Mites.  I never really knew what they were, something to do with sheep apparently, but I was absolutely certain I didn't want to be reminded of their existence before tucking in to a leg of lamb...

I have discovered since exactly what they are and that I was right not to want to hear about them, so thankfully there is no need to inform me further.  Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a sheep.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Posted (edited)

We had a copy of "Sherley's Famous Dog Book*", chock full of useful info about the care of dogs.  I particularly liked the cutaway diagram of a dogs interior.  In the section about pests, there was a line drawing of a Sarcoptic mange mite....

* A sort of Haynes Dog manual, if you like...

Edited by Hroth
Decided to get the name of the book right!
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

And when you put it back together you still had a leg left?

Mike.

Not quite - just a couple of nuts.

• Funny 10