EBay madness

Marcyg

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Don't drop amphibians into your blender! 

But if you do happen to find a freshly flattered road toad, drop it into someone else's blender...

This is particularly effective when they're making an allegedly delicious kelp and avocado smoothie to fortify then for the morning jog.....

So you've seen those Citroen electric car ads too?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Don't drop amphibians into your blender! 

But if you do happen to find a freshly flattered road toad, drop it into someone else's blender...

This is particularly effective when they're making an allegedly delicious kelp and avocado smoothie to fortify then for the morning jog.....

Old joke time.

What changes from green to red at the push of a button?

Mike.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sjcm said:

This listing confused me for a while but then I realised it's aimed at the growing number of model railway label collectors.

Unikque opprotubtity

What the actual f....?

Someone bought them too. 

@Sjcm  would appear to have defined eBay madness with this one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, Hroth said:

So you've seen those Citroen electric car ads too?

I'd buy one if it looked exactly like this:

citroen-id19-1964.jpg.cac3a57835083bc04082a950edce3f1f.jpg

No redesigning with stupid margarine tub bumpers, Fisher Price chunky steering wheel or goofy headlights that make it look like a chihuahua having a particularly difficult time reverse parking its breakfast....*

*Like everything else on the road.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

On 15/05/2023 at 09:39, PhilJ W said:

Kermit in a blender.

Then there's the second half of that joke...What changes from green to red at the push of a button and whistles?

Kermit in a liquidiser pretending he doesn't care.

• Funny 2

14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

No redesigning with stupid margarine tub bumpers, Fisher Price chunky steering wheel or goofy headlights that make it look like a chihuahua having a particularly difficult time reverse parking its breakfast....*

I've got a photo somewhere of one of these sitting beside a wooden bodied hex dash Glasgow tramcar in 1955. The contrast in styling was akin to placing the starship Enterprise next to a Sopwith Camel.

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

But don't you need to cut and paste the steering wheel?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

But don't you need to cut and paste the steering wheel?

Left hookers are much easier to park! 

They were made in rhd form for the UK market for about twenty years, no reason why they couldn't do it again.

Although there's probably now a massive Amazon warehouse employing at least four or five people on the site of the UK assembly plant in Slough.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'm not a fan of the DS, though I appreciate that some people like them!

However, a "modern" interpretation of the DS might end up like the Ami Electric.

Original Ami 8

Ami8.jpg.fddaf98c836ad0091e4145ffb2eb22a8.jpg

Ami Electric

AmiElectric.jpg.6b26601a87f9a99a191d664f0612239e.jpg

A really horrific vehicle with a range equivalent to an asthmatic ant...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Swissrail said:

That's someone trying to jump on the bandwagon but without the skill to do it to any kind of decent standard.

Went for 170 pounds though.😯 how someone can look at the paint job near the chimney and go "yep, I couldn't do a better job myself, here's my money" is beyond my understanding.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2

40 minutes ago, Hroth said:

However, a "modern" interpretation of the DS might end up like the Ami Electric.

Original Ami 8

Ami Electric

Chri$t that's ugly. What is it with car designers these days? Are they all blind or followers of Picasso? That abomination reminds me of the blue Pullman double ender which sat on one bogie we saw on this thread a few weeks back. Just as stupid and pointless.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Original Ami 8

Ami Electric

Did a five year old do the design drawings for that smoking pile of monkey ****?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Swissrail said:

Chri$t that's ugly. What is it with car designers these days? Are they all blind or followers of Picasso? That abomination reminds me of the blue Pullman double ender which sat on one bogie we saw on this thread a few weeks back. Just as stupid and pointless.

I remember people saying when I had a Buick that tail fins were daft, but now designers seem obsessed with putting lumps and bumps and creases everywhere, seemingly at random.

I suspect that it's because the design parameters for the body are set and all they can do is tweak the lights and the heater vents.

I can't get interested in modern cars no matter how good or expensive they are. I might just as well be looking at a refrigerator.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I suspect that it's because the design parameters for the body are set and all they can do is tweak the lights and the heater vents.

Plus modern crash protection (or more to the point, pedestrian impact protection) rules limit a lot of what can go where.

Though I'm sure it'd be possible to make a car that complied and still looked good, if they really wanted to...

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Original Ami 8

Ami Electric

But it's only a quadracycle for town and city use so why design in unnecessary fripperies, it's only got 2 main body panels, interchangeable from side to side and front to back, a perfect solution IMHO.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Plus modern crash protection (or more to the point, pedestrian impact protection) rules limit a lot of what can go where.

Though I'm sure it'd be possible to make a car that complied and still looked good, if they really wanted to...

More crash protection, yet they continue to produce vehicles like this (which can be purchased in Australia, converted to RHD).

https://www.ramtrucks.com.au/

I saw a Youtube video by CNN I think, where they stated how the number of primary aged children dying was increasing rapidly. It's all because because they can't be seen from the drivers seat from monster trucks, so parents are running over their own kids, in their own driveway. How could they forgive themselves?

They gave a demonstration with kids coming in from the sides and sitting on the ground, directly in front - invisible, bring in the next and sit in line in front - still invisible and repeat. The worst offending vehicle they got to 11 kids, before the driver could see the top of a head!

They had a politician who was astounded at the results and he was going to push for ALL new vehicles to be fitted with low level front cameras, to overcome the problem. Of course there is a need for trucks, but for suburban driveways, supermarkets and picking up school kids?

No mention of changing the vehicle design, to help the driver see naturally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

Good design costs money and since the mighty dollar is God, the car makers aren't interested. Mind you, it can still happen and penny-pinching trends can be bucked.  The MOB in Switzerland recently took delivery of these rather attractive dual gauge trains. Designed by Pininfarina and built by Stadler. Seriously expensive but presumably they thought it was an investment worth making.

16-05-202318-26-20.jpg.4ed3afd499fed7a8ce2c059657c1cd04.jpg

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

But it's only a quadracycle for town and city use so why design in unnecessary fripperies, it's only got 2 main body panels, interchangeable from side to side and front to back, a perfect solution IMHO.

Mike.

It's butt ugly though, no need for it to, customer appeal must surely count for something? 

It looks like an unholy mating between a mobility scooter and a portaloo...

Again, I'd rather drive something from sixty years ago, partly on style, partly on ethical grounds.

220px-Goggomobil_Coup_(2014-09-03_7051)_Seite.JPG.99573cbe42a48d855bbf119e79dbabc2.JPG

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It's butt ugly though, no need for it to, customer appeal must surely count for something? 

It looks like an unholy mating between a mobility scooter and a portaloo...

Again, I'd rather drive something from sixty years ago, partly on style, partly on ethical grounds.

220px-Goggomobil_Coup_(2014-09-03_7051)_Seite.JPG.99573cbe42a48d855bbf119e79dbabc2.JPG

I'll name that in 1.  Its a Goggomobile!

How about a Meadows Frisky?

MeadowsFrisky.jpg.03657529d98db1616d7999ae06373d8b.jpg

Source:  https://meadowsfrisky.co.uk/

Both appeared in my Ladybird Book of Cars (1964)....

• Like 5