EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Thank goodness, was worried he'd started a production line of tat

OK I know I posted the original bit about the purple Dublo A4 but TBH I've followed this guy for a while and he has made some clever 2 to 3 rail conversions . He has a quite ''nice '' Hall conversion on auction right now.

Then, every now and again, he comes up with stuff like the purple Dublo A4 I mentioned and this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314588551162?epid=28056359836&hash=item493ef057fa:g:8u4AAOSwmNdkXn1w

I can almost feel the tension growing at the HRCA or Wrenn Collectors Assoc.😉

Regards . Rich

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, TinTracks said:

Then, every now and again, he comes up with stuff like the purple Dublo A4 .

Still more coffee needed this morning........

Saw that and had a rather odd mental picture of a coal fired ladies recreational device.....

Rob

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

7 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Still more coffee needed this morning........

Saw that and had a rather odd mental picture of a coal fired ladies recreational device.....

Rob

Enhanced if it's placed on a DCC-only layout...

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

8 hours ago, TinTracks said:

OK I know I posted the original bit about the purple Dublo A4 but TBH I've followed this guy for a while and he has made some clever 2 to 3 rail conversions . He has a quite ''nice '' Hall conversion on auction right now.

Then, every now and again, he comes up with stuff like the purple Dublo A4 I mentioned and this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314588551162?epid=28056359836&hash=item493ef057fa:g:8u4AAOSwmNdkXn1w

I can almost feel the tension growing at the HRCA or Wrenn Collectors Assoc.😉

Regards . Rich

Yep I looked at his listings and thought he had some good stuff and then he comes up with that abomination. It's basically a 7 year old's school project for the Coronation with tat stuck on the body, and the numbering😂. And yet seemingly sane and sober people have bid it up to 94 pounds!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

seemingly sane and sober people

How can you do deduce that? As far as I can see, the only thing you know is that they have bid on this item, which to my mind would tend to suggest otherwise.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

How can you do deduce that? As far as I can see, the only thing you know is that they have bid on this item, which to my mind would tend to suggest otherwise.

Well I was going by the times of the bids and even I'm not that hammered at mid-day. Plus Rampton secure hospital doesn't allow internet access.. My own "theory" is its being bid on by the partners of royalty loving modellers who have no idea of the horrors that await them😱

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

Not sure why Ebay wanted to put this "Railway Tain Cave Tunnel" onto my watchlist:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235008388961

Very dodgy image selection by the Chinese seller. Not sure why they thought photoshopping their product into the middle of a featureless grassy plain would help explain why a train would go anywhere near it, especially when there seems to be built up HO track on one side of the cave/tunnel and push-along wooden play track on the other. There's also a shot later in their photo list which shows a diecast sports car in a dismal attempt to sell it as a garage as well. Priced in Australian Dollars despite London being nearer Shanghai than Oz..

Peter

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Thankfully no danger of that!

But then again, living long enough to do anything about is the issue!

Mike.

I guess the 'living long enough' issue is current for many of us over a certain age!? It reaches the point where owning an unbuilt kit seems to satisfy a personal belief that one 'has [finally] acquired one'!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Peterem said:

Not sure why Ebay wanted to put this "Railway Tain Cave Tunnel" onto my watchlist:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235008388961

Very dodgy image selection by the Chinese seller. Not sure why they thought photoshopping their product into the middle of a featureless grassy plain would help explain why a train would go anywhere near it, especially when there seems to be built up HO track on one side of the cave/tunnel and push-along wooden play track on the other. There's also a shot later in their photo list which shows a diecast sports car in a dismal attempt to sell it as a garage as well. Priced in Australian Dollars despite London being nearer Shanghai than Oz..

Peter

And lo! - 'Tain Cave Tunnel' enters the rmweb lexicon!

• Funny 2

18 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I think that just being on here is a definition of having bats in the belfry.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Title of another thread: "Peco N gauge Scissors wiring with juicer"

I had to fight the urge to make a comic comment about one's five-a-day! Previous experiences have shown that the followers of other threads lack the anarchic humour of 'ebay madness' - especially on a sunny Sunday morning!

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Title of another thread: "Peco N gauge Scissors wiring with juicer"

I had to fight the urge to make a comic comment about one's five-a-day! Previous experiences have shown that the followers of other threads lack the anarchic humour of 'ebay madness' - especially on a sunny Sunday morning!

I noticed that too, took me several reads of the thread heading to get a grip about what they were wittering on about.  Naturally, I didn't go INTO the thread...   I've got a Peco SL-80 insulfrog single slip that I can't bring myself to install because it looks too complicated, perhaps I should make a thread and ask for diverse suggestions on how to wire it correctly!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

I noticed that too, took me several reads of the thread heading to get a grip about what they were wittering on about.  Naturally, I didn't go INTO the thread...   I've got a Peco SL-80 insulfrog single slip that I can't bring myself to install because it looks too complicated, perhaps I should make a thread and ask for diverse suggestions on how to wire it correctly!

You could always try wiring it up to an electric juicer? Model railways AND a nice glass of orange juice! 😎

• Funny 5

28 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

You could always try wiring it up to an electric juicer? Model railways AND a nice glass of orange juice! 😎

Doesn't that involve cruelty to amphibians?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

Don't drop amphibians into your blender! 

But if you do happen to find a freshly flattered road toad, drop it into someone else's blender...

This is particularly effective when they're making an allegedly delicious kelp and avocado smoothie to fortify then for the morning jog.....

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4