EBay madness

Marcyg

7 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

World has gone mad.

Screenshot_20230501_190348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230501_190117_One UI Home.jpg

There's a cost of living crisis you know, everyone is having to decide between heating and eating...

Yeah, right...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Trainshed Terry said:

I have one of those kits in my stash. It is going to be interesting to what the final bid is going to be.

Terry.

I've got three, might pay for part of my renovation cost. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, robert17649 said:

I know that strange and woderful things happen onfleabay. I am really fed up with thhe rude b's who buy stuff and then cant be bothered to even say thank you much less leave feedback!

Me! I do that!😎

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

I am really fed up with thhe rude b's who buy stuff and then cant be bothered to even say thank you much less leave feedback!

I know the feeling.   I had one like that recently.   Some weeks after selling, I left positive feedback.  In response I received a short message "No sign of item".   Postal tracking showed no proof of delivery so I immediately refunded.   I also replied that I would take the matter up with the post office but for what it is worth here's a copy of the post office receipt with tracking number in case he wanted to make enquiries at his end and that if the item turns up later I would trust his honesty as a fellow model train collector to let me know.    Never the courtesy of an acknowledgement, nor any feedback thanking me for the  very quick refund.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

I received some feedback yesterday, positive,  all ok, good service etc.. presumed it was something I sold ages ago and they had only now got round to adding feedback (happens a lot). Just checked and it's something I bought off him😂 must have got confused.                                                                                                        

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

There's a cost of living crisis you know, everyone is having to decide between heating and eating...

Yeah, right...

Looking at  sold items it would seem the rarity value is fairly recent! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RFS said:

Looking at  sold items it would seem the rarity value is fairly recent! 

That happens a lot with vintage vehicles, real ones and antique toys.

Someone, somewhere has obviously been "Talking them up" 

Rumour got around the autojumbles about twenty years ago that a man with a lot of money was hoovering up anything for the old Bedford CA vans especially NOS. 

As a result, prices went up ridiculously. A new door went from £40 to £200, wings from £35 to £150, front panels from £80 to £350 almost overnight.

Did he actually do anything with it all? Just stashed it in lockups and it all eventually went back to a dealer for a knock down bulk purchase price.

Of course the prices haven't gone down.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ooooooh...

There's something I want to buy in eBay... But it's being listed by gostude...

I'm torn between feeding the beast or feeding my layout..

Decisions, decisions!

• Friendly/supportive 4

When I buy anything on eBay, I always leave feedback, mostly proforma to say that It looks like what I expected, it got to me in a reasonable amount of time and an expression of appreciation.  It may be several days after I got it as I don't log into my ebay account all that often, although I may browse every couple of days or so.  Anyhow, all vendors get their just desserts....  😉

@PeterStiles  If its what you want, and the price isn't that bad, then go for it.  I'd say that a fair number here, though complaining about some of his pricing policies, have supped at the well...

Edited by Hroth
  • Agree 5

I really must resist, but I have a strong urge to send the seller a message asking “How many tins?”

Bachmann Class 04

It’s the title that tickles me! (Don’t think it’s a bad price, although the postage is a bit steep at £10!

I mean, Mr_Mike has a couple of chassis only for almost the same price, although the description of this one puts his price firmly into the “How much?!” territory!

Bachman Class 04 chassis only

Seeing as Mr_Mike likes to take perfectly working models and split them out into chassis/body/box and charge top £ for each, I think he fits into the “mendacious chiseler” rogues’ gallery of eBay sellers!

😁

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I really must resist, but I have a strong urge to send the seller a message asking “How many tins?”

Bachmann Class 04

It’s the title that tickles me! (Don’t think it’s a bad price, although the postage is a bit steep at £10!

😁

I guess it's being repatriated from France £10 isn't too bad, but yeah, fish or chicken for the whiskas?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I guess it's being repatriated from France £10 isn't too bad, but yeah, fish or chicken for the whiskas?

Oops! Didn’t notice where it was coming from. So, the postage may be a reasonable £10 but how much will the buyer be hit with customs charges, now we are out of the EU?

Probably classed as a “luxury item”!

Steve S

• Like 2

Now, is this item a little overpriced?

Bachmann Class 57 Freightliner livery

Maybe not, because on second inspection it is DCC fitted!

The thing is, the seller’s name doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that you are not being taken for a mug — because that was what my initial thought was!

A quick search amongst his other items revealed a Rapido APT for sale — with the various coaches being sold separately — see below …

APT Driving Cars - come as a pair, but no mention of boxes…

APT Spare Trailer - this does come in a box!

APT Test Car - this definitely has packaging, as he shows it!

Prices?

APT Driving Cars £299 + £12.85 p&p

APT Trailer Car £109 + £6.85 p&p

APT Test Car £250 + £5.85 p&p

I don’t know how much the Rapido APT sold as complete (I wasn’t interested to note it at the time) but £250 for a single coach immediately makes me think “mendacious chiseller” (matching his eBay pseudonym)

Please correct me if I am wrong!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 01/05/2023 at 23:30, PieGuyRob said:

Do you think my Lima ones would fetch that much?

Personally, and even more so at that sort of price, I prefer the Lima version, with a bit of modelling (what, gasp, surely not) they scrub up very well.

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Personally, and even more so at that sort of price, I prefer the Lima version, with a bit of modelling (what, gasp, surely not) they scrub up very well.

Mike.

The price of Bachmann's carriages are just going silly.

• Agree 5