EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Gauge 3 live-steam, so probably a hefty piece of kit!?

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, John Besley said:

A bit pricey, but very nice if you've a big enough garden to run it in, or know where there's a club with Gauge 3 facilities.

COAL FIRED LIVE STEAM - NEVER BEEN FIRED

NO PAPERWORK INCLUDED

So it doesn't have a boiler certificate?

Oh well, £4 for delivery seems reasonable....

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Hroth said:

A bit pricey, but very nice if you've a big enough garden to run it in, or know where there's a club with Gauge 3 facilities.

So it doesn't have a boiler certificate?

Oh well, £4 for delivery seems reasonable....

People buy them from the UK with valid certificates and bring them to Australia, where they don't meet the boiler code! End up on the display shelf, or at best the owners property, because not allowed in a public space.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, kevinlms said:

People buy them from the UK with valid certificates and bring them to Australia, where they don't meet the boiler code! End up on the display shelf, or at best the owners property, because not allowed in a public space.

What is the difference between the UK and Aus boiler certification testing?

Edited by John Besley
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5 C said:

Judging by the seller, it's obviously the extremely RARE (L@@K) off road version.

I wonder if it has those special knobbly traction tyres too?.

Are we suggesting it's one of those sneery people who deride others as "not serious cyclists" unless they dress up like some weird glow in the dark sex toy just to cycle to the office? 

You don't need a £4000 bicycle, but the salesman will tell you that it's the only way you'll ever be any good...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Are we suggesting it's one of those sneery people who deride others as "not serious cyclists" unless they dress up like some weird glow in the dark sex toy just to cycle to the office? 

You don't need a £4000 bicycle, but the salesman will tell you that it's the only way you'll ever be any good...

"OUR PROGEL BIBSHORTS HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED TO SUPPORT YOUR RIDE WITH THE PROGEL 3D PAD DISPERSING SADDLE PRESSURE."

'Railway modelling can seriously save your bits!'

• Funny 7

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"OUR PROGEL BIBSHORTS HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED TO SUPPORT YOUR RIDE WITH THE PROGEL 3D PAD DISPERSING SADDLE PRESSURE."

'Railway modelling can seriously save your bits!'

Spending the weekend out in the country with a group of men dressed in lurid Spandex and returning home with a sore bottom could perhaps be misconstrued and look a little suspicious I suppose.

Especially when you forgot to take your bicycle with you....

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Spending the weekend out in the country with a group of men dressed in lurid Spandex and returning home with a sore bottom could perhaps be misconstrued and look a little suspicious I suppose.

A spankingly good time, eh?

I really must replace the tyres on my bike (it's been unusable for the past five years) and SELL it!

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

16 minutes ago, Hroth said:

A spankingly good time, eh?

I really must replace the tyres on my bike (it's been unusable for the past five years) and SELL it!

Do what we did, donate it to a local cycling charity. They will be grateful whatever the condition. One of ours had the gears go into the back wheel at about 30mph. Luckily it kept upright!

No Spandex here, just cycle clips!

• Round of applause 2

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Right up the peloton! 🥸

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, ianmacc said:

The charity option is a good call. Bikes on the used market often disappoint the seller…

They went silly during the lockdown, anything rideable sold well. Now they're back to being piled high on tatters lorries.

I keep having a friend of mine pestering about me renovating bicycles for some as yet unspecified community project and keep refusing to get involved.

The only bicycles that fetch any money secondhand are those which are fashionable this week.

Anything else, it's not worth spending time and money on tyres, cables etc, plus a lot of the Chinese gear / hub / crank components aren't durable, or designed to be repairable, we really do live in a fashion obsessed throwaway society.

If "you want a bike to get fit" there's no point getting some 28 speed lightweight or even battery assisted bicycle. You need an old, heavy ten (or less) speedier and start off gently then put some effort in!

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

What did they ride instead?

5 hours ago, andytrains said:

Do what we did, donate it to a local cycling charity. They will be grateful whatever the condition. One of ours had the gears go into the back wheel at about 30mph. Luckily it kept upright!

No Spandex here, just cycle clips!

When that happened those cycle clips must have come in very useful.

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, 5944 said:

Look like something Mulder and Scully need to look into along with the smoking man

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3