EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

A while ago… okay, it was January of this year … I kindly informed a seller that autocorrect had mangled their item listing from “carriages” to “cartridges” and that if they want to sell their items it might be worth correcting the listing.

They never responded…

A few days ago, I stumbled across the exact same listing, obviously auto-renewed by eBay and still incorrectly called “cartridges”…

I’ve written again, politely pointing out that if they corrected their listing perhaps they would have sold them by now and wouldn’t have me writing to them again!

Of course, still no reply.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if eBay had a time limit on listings, so that they only “renew” for up to say three months before being automatically deleted?

That way, new sellers wouldn’t stumble across Go$turd’s perpetually renewing and hideously overpriced listings and use them as the benchmark for pricing up their own items.

Win-win, surely?

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

26 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

A while ago… okay, it was January of this year … I kindly informed a seller that autocorrect had mangled their item listing from “carriages” to “cartridges” and that if they want to sell their items it might be worth correcting the listing.

They never responded…

A few days ago, I stumbled across the exact same listing, obviously auto-renewed by eBay and still incorrectly called “cartridges”…

I’ve written again, politely pointing out that if they corrected their listing perhaps they would have sold them by now and wouldn’t have me writing to them again!

Of course, still no reply.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if eBay had a time limit on listings, so that they only “renew” for up to say three months before being automatically deleted?

That way, new sellers wouldn’t stumble across Go$turd’s perpetually renewing and hideously overpriced listings and use them as the benchmark for pricing up their own items.

Win-win, surely?

HOURS OF FUN!

Re 'cartridges': the seller may get a visit from Special Branch!

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Why did he waste time and paint writing the "s" in "scrap"?

I guess the point with all these 'scrap yard' locos is that someone offered one for sale, then many others, sensing a potential 'earner', jumped on the bandwagon? A rotting, 'scrap' loco will become the next 'must have' accessory on formulaic layouts - along with a canal, a bus on a bridge and a semi-naked guy in a bush.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Weeny Works said:

As noted previously, it looks like a LoneStar body on top of something unfathomable. Apart from the boxing glove coupling, it reminds me of a LoneStar loco with perished drive belts and disconnected wiring, the bogies (and wheels)* just fall off...

* Very advanced for its day, all axle drive!

• Like 3

The Trouble with Tribbles is getting worse:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204156158191?

Looks like they’re started pinching peoples’ old socks now, too 🤣

I bought some of those pre-made clumps of grass to try out just last week. Serendipity is a wonderful thing; scratching my head thinking how best to use them and then inspiration strikes thanks to the ‘bay. Watch out for hirsute 37s in your area soon 🙃

• Funny 5

14 minutes ago, 40152 said:

I bought some of those pre-made clumps of grass to try out just last week. Serendipity is a wonderful thing; scratching my head thinking how best to use them and then inspiration strikes thanks to the ‘bay. Watch out for hirsute 37s in your area soon 🙃

Is that one of the old Tri-ang track cleaning vehicles?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Looks more like unkempt nostril hair!  And with that much vegetation, surely there should be a tree growing through the roof by now...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, 40152 said:

Go on, be a devil, give a loco a Mohican! 😉

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

... or one of those buzz nose hair clippers some bright sparks like to give as 'thoughtful' Xmas presents!

I love the smell of ozone in the mornings...

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

13 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295333768084?hash=item44c343ab94:g:jNAAAOSwOHBjcpDH&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4CP3Ln8CGrcbugiSAhnB9wLiP%2FCwjcAtOCwbQPW44aiSB5jPdmR7oP%2BXQq5ZuCTSkpCdEq1nZYbI8%2BBqkU%2BnxL6mEMARM3HjsKlkwEkatN9e5vE9aJALFYSyCdylAcXw9ne24q8Om%2F1KqGHdRWeTqeUQcGv12%2FphjuRNTXiwDBEcb2xuWln6WZpxgdcydzgRDsp5chRDZz5YSDk1mzmbOs7YNFXpY5rRf1%2BfhFgGKJAhg3RL9i1ct8LtJC71bMc193EQdA1M3pLH3wCxzbWHE0VXfDLteGItlwn1Orqt1yCr|tkp%3ABk9SR7qNiK6RYQ

“as these are scrapyard items there may be damage and parts missing, please study photos” - no **** Sherlock.

Edited by Guest

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, R. Knowles said:

A tad over-expensive, but its a rather more accurately portrayed scrapheap!

One caveat, the engines and gennys should probably be separately grounded...

Edited by Hroth
Another thort
  • Like 1