EBay madness

Marcyg

Guest Mikado

I have to say, I've bought some bits and pieces from him a good few times now. He even dug out some wheelsets I'm struggling to find, nothing was too much trouble.

No connection other than a satisfied repeat customer. I would've given up and binned it by now myself though!

I too have had dealings with this chap, he is a decent guy and does not deserve the petty sniping he gets on here. If you do not like what he does and how he does try ignoring him!

Has anyone on here ever seen a prototype loco with "Scrap" written on it?

I've never seen one - stored and filthy - yes and rolling stock, with "Cond" - yes. The enormous quantities of limescale, so beloved of the weathering brigade, seem to have escaped my recollections too (Small leaks maybe).

I don't think most steam locos had time to get rusty, they were scrapped too quickly (indecent haste...). They had to have been in Barry for years......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This prize specimen has worked out how to get not much less than £200 value out of a few Dapol wagons at silly prices - all in one clever advert!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-Limited-Edition-Brewery-Wagons-Thatchers-Cider-Bass-Worthingtons-/330898311933?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&var=&hash=item4d0b138afd

• RMweb Gold

Due to 'The Cuts' the NRM have had to do their bit and flog off the prototype Deltic to raise some funds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scrapyard-Deltic-diesel-loco-heavily-weathered-00-gauge-/300882168683?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item460df98b6b

(Apols - we might have had this before as it's a relisting)

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1

Due to 'The Cuts' the NRM have had to do their bit and flog off the prototype Deltic to raise some funds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scrapyard-Deltic-diesel-loco-heavily-weathered-00-gauge-/300882168683?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item460df98b6b

How do you mistake this for N gauge ??????  She's clearly the Dapol kit sitting on 00 track. Would be worth 99p for bits if the postage wasn't so OTT.

It is a non runner as the engines were taken out to keep their production Deltic going. 

• RMweb Premium

How do you mistake this for N gauge ??????  She's clearly the Dapol kit sitting on 00 track. Would be worth 99p for bits if the postage wasn't so OTT.

The blue wheels in one of the bogies are a bit of a give away! The successful bidder had a change of heart & used the n gauge argument as an excuse, I'd say.

The blue wheels in one of the bogies are a bit of a give away! The successful bidder had a change of heart & used the n gauge argument as an excuse, I'd say.

Perhaps he/she hadn't noticed the postal charges!

• RMweb Gold

This prize specimen has worked out how to get not much less than £200 value out of a few Dapol wagons at silly prices - all in one clever advert!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-Limited-Edition-Brewery-Wagons-Thatchers-Cider-Bass-Worthingtons-/330898311933?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&var=&hash=item4d0b138afd

Quote: "I am not an expert on postage abroad so please ask first"

Not much point asking if he is not an expert!!

• RMweb Premium

Quote: "I am not an expert on postage abroad so please ask first"

Not much point asking if he is not an expert!!

Don't know, but it does come up for a postage price for Australia of 15 pounds. The local hobby shop must sell it for less than that.

• RMweb Gold

Putting down would seem the humane thing to do. The poor things are suffering... :fie: :cray_mini2:

• RMweb Premium

Oh I don't know, dunk the Mk2d and the GUV in some modelstrip and give them a fresh coat of paint (and scrap the 'thing' that was supposed to be a postal van) and you might just be able to resussitate the patients.

• RMweb Premium

The Postal looks like an old Triang type with operating net & bag.

The bends in the bodies seem to be due to 'barreling' by the lens of the appalling camera that has been used.

Keith

Anyone want a Dublo 4MT tank?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-EDL18-BR-2-6-4-CLASS-4MT-TANK-LOCO-80054-NEW-BOXED-mv-/370690310942?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item564edd431e

Gostude seems to have reached new heights with this one! Granted she's as described (apart from a little paint scuffing along the tank top - most have this) but £495!

This is the rare version at a more realistic (for collector's!) price. (As can be seen, uninsulated nickel wheels and a badly applied (normal) number transfer make all the difference.....) Note the original price on the box £3/18/-.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-3218-BR-2-6-4-TANK-LOCOMOTIVE-80059-BOXED-3-RAIL-/321096297947?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ac2d4addb

Edited by Il Grifone

Oh I don't know, dunk the Mk2d and the GUV in some modelstrip and give them a fresh coat of paint (and scrap the 'thing' that was supposed to be a postal van) and you might just be able to resussitate the patients.

Probably, but is it worth the effort, even at £6 + £3?

Stripping rarely removes all the paint without hassle and then they'll need repainting, relettering and replacement of the missing bits.

The Tri-ang Hornby Mailvan is only of interest to collectors (who wouldn't want junk like this in any case) and none of the items are hard to find anyway.

Edited by Il Grifone

If it were sold with copyright then that would be a good price!

Paul A. 

Edited by 1whitemoor

If it were sold with copyright then that would be a good price!

Paul A. 

It's sold as a postcard, so copyright is unlikely. Seeing the age, it could be in the public domain by now (don't count on it though).