EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Another oddity - why pay this much (and it's still got 6 days to go) - or am I missing something, are the Maunsell liveried coaches hard to find these days?*

JE

*I've got some which I need to put on e-bay in that case!!!!

That vehicle is unique. It is the only high-window BCK that Hornby have produced in Maunsell olive, and has only been available in the Imperial Airways set - note the Imperial Airways sticker in the destination board frame below the cantrail. Rails offered these as a separate new item relatively soon after the set was on sale, at sensible prices, so I bought a couple, as well as having bought the set. You can't have enough BCKs if modelling Southern in the far SouthWest!

• RMweb Premium

That vehicle is unique. It is the only high-window BCK that Hornby have produced in Maunsell olive, and has only been available in the Imperial Airways set - note the Imperial Airways sticker in the destination board frame below the cantrail. Rails offered these as a separate new item relatively soon after the set was on sale, at sensible prices, so I bought a couple, as well as having bought the set. You can't have enough BCKs if modelling Southern in the far SouthWest!

Most of the box shifters did the same. I got mine from Modelfair, as well as a three other Maunsell coaches from another boxset

Keith

Unlike some of the other auctions featured this has real bids on it, not surprising as it is the holy grail for Dublo collectors, one of the very last items made in only limited numbers before Binns Road stopped making trains.

Edited by andyman7

• RMweb Gold

I sense that this is about people biding their time until another seller has generated the interest, then piling in with their example. "I didn't get that one - but I'll bloomin' well get this one!" is the mindset the unsuccessful bidders tend to adopt, and prices are raised accordingly.

It is a rare and highly sought after Dublo item and this is its normal price. :O It's so rare that replicas have been produced (which are expensive enough in their own right).

Many collectors seem to be exceedingly well heeled and pay large sums for what the rest of us would regard as junk. (The sad remains of a Marklin compound made around £30,000 not so long ago and one thinks of unmade beds and dead animals......)

Anyone with access to resin-moulding equipment?

AFAIK the wagon is made of mazak (they modified the mould of the mineral wagon). I did think of applying some car body filler to a poor example of this.......

Replica transfers are available I believe - they certainly were at one time.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

How to make sure your model is in the best possible condition for sale: "The Locomotive was in Mint like new condition until i dropped it while testing it and you can now see the resulting damage in the pictures it has broken the rear side steps and cracked the body also at the rear.I did eventually get to test it after cursing several times and it still runs Fantastic in both directions and the headlight works perfect"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-RAILWAYS-HO-OO-GAUGE-UNION-PACIFIC-1500A-LOCOMOTIVE-/380588176807?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item589cd2b5a7

How to make sure your model is in the best possible condition for sale: "The Locomotive was in Mint like new condition until i dropped it while testing it and you can now see the resulting damage in the pictures it has broken the rear side steps and cracked the body also at the rear.I did eventually get to test it after cursing several times and it still runs Fantastic in both directions and the headlight works perfect"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-RAILWAYS-HO-OO-GAUGE-UNION-PACIFIC-1500A-LOCOMOTIVE-/380588176807?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item589cd2b5a7

I believe the phrase is "one careful owner"!

• RMweb Gold

Another one for the "God loves a trier" category

I remember the late Nigel Downend had one of these which pitched up in his secondhand corner. It was still there a few years later when he ceased trading......!

A starting price of 99p would be about right. Just look at those castings!

I recently 'won' an MTK  2HAL 'kit' with a brass wrapper which was quite good and compared well with the 'King' drawings, but as for the rest of it, the whitemetal castings were something that Salvador Dali would have been proud of!

'El Cr*ppo' kits have been described as 'aids to scratchbuilding'. I wouldn't go that far. At least Jidenco/Falcon Brass kits do fall into that category!

Another one for the "God loves a trier" category

I remember the late Nigel Downend had one of these which pitched up in his secondhand corner. It was still there a few years later when he ceased trading......!

"So, all complete save for the motor(s) and ready for your skills to be applied."

Looking at the castings these are scratchbuilding skills.....

• RMweb Gold

This one I don't understand at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-00-GAUGE-COUPLING-HOOKS-X-TEN-/370765402703?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item565357124f

or this one either,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Lima-Coupling-Loops-for-BR-LNER-Brake-Van-spares-/271160199883?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f22684acb

More fool me for throwing all my Lima couplers away?

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern

• RMweb Gold

A picture tells a thousand words, we hear. Sure does - and they may not fit with the description. "Runs quite nicely" says the seller. What? With a front coupler like that?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-0-6-0ST-Austerity-No150-in-War-Department-livery-Warrington-/221195417023?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33804635bf

A picture tells a thousand words, we hear. Sure does - and they may not fit with the description. "Runs quite nicely" says the seller. What? With a front coupler like that?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-0-6-0ST-Austerity-No150-in-War-Department-livery-Warrington-/221195417023?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33804635bf

It must be worth the starting price surely..

• Like 1