EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Probably saw the fact that karhedron of this parish sold a similar one for a good price and decided to cash in whilst demand was high

• Like 2

"Brand new in box, it has only been out once for a brief test run"

"un-run and never remover from the box"

Make up your mind. It can't be both...

Mike

Guest Belgian

Something strange has gone on here - the 12-wheel Pullman add-on set has appeared on a few occasions on e-bay but usually gone for well under half this price (£313.50). Does the fact that this is a first offering by the vendor and that the auction was 'private listing - bidders' identities protected' have anything to do with it?

What's that smell? A rat?

JE

Something strange has gone on here - the 12-wheel Pullman add-on set has appeared on a few occasions on e-bay but usually gone for well under half this price (£313.50). Does the fact that this is a first offering by the vendor and that the auction was 'private listing - bidders' identities protected' have anything to do with it?

JE

I'm always wary of private listings.

Back in the day when you could see the bidders names maybe there was a need for it on occasion but not now.

You can't know anymore who the bidders are so I see no need for private listings any more.

When something reaches a price far ahead of the items actual worth then I get a keen sense of smell. :nono:

Well, if your up for some not 'professionally weatherd' bits, then this vender has a few interesting items for you!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-gauge-sr-BR-king-arthur-30450-sir-kay-/350722909359?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51a8b6e4af

"body good condition some minor parts missing"

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Gold

JE

In fairness, the price more than doubled in the last 28 seconds of the auction, leading me to believe that people had placed prices with snipe programmes and they did the final deed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-0-GAUGE-SBB-CFF-CARRIAGE-DAMAGED-COACH-/350725621138?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51a8e04592

I think probably the start price is about right.........as the final price for two bogies and a few windows.  

I am not sure what else could actually be done with it nor whether it would have fitted into the box  :whistle:  Still, it will be 'well packed'.

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for shouting, chaps, but http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-OO-GAUGE-WAGON-/200900802073?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ec69ef619

"Dapol OO GAUGE, 50' BOGIE VAN 'SIPHON H' G.W. R. LIVERY,1 OF THE SIDE HAS DIFFERENT SHADES PAINT 1 IS BROWN THE OTHER IS DARK GREEN/BROWN, HAS ALL THE BUFFERS WHEELS,COUPLING HAS SOME LIGHT MARKS ON ROOF AND BODY, IN VERY NICE CONDITION, COMES WITH A BOX

HOPEFULLY USEFUL TO SOMEONE"

What do these people think crap condition consists of, I wonder?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Am i missing something- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-703-Class-46-D186-in-weathered-blue-MINT-BOXED-/221193412668?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338027a03c

£644 when Hattons seem to have the exact same thing in stock for £55???

Sellers id might have something to do with it. :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Am i missing something- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-703-Class-46-D186-in-weathered-blue-MINT-BOXED-/221193412668?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338027a03c

£644 when Hattons seem to have the exact same thing in stock for £55???

Finger slippage I reckon, there's another one below it for £64.

Mike.

Guest Belgian

Another oddity - why pay this much (and it's still got 6 days to go) - or am I missing something, are the Maunsell liveried coaches hard to find these days?*

JE

*I've got some which I need to put on e-bay in that case!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Another oddity - why pay this much (and it's still got 6 days to go) - or am I missing something, are the Maunsell liveried coaches hard to find these days?*

JE

*I've got some which I need to put on e-bay in that case!!!!

Unless it's a particular number which has all sold out I am sure there are still some around, quite often on discount.

Keith