EBay madness

Marcyg

Sorry I'm not with you both, has this guy got some kind of a reputation thingy going|?

Yes for exorbitant prices (and often for cr@p).

Cartmel is another one.

EDIT. Sorry I see I've been beaten to it (again).

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Not that I ever any faith in the phrase "Professionally Weathered" but this really is pushing it.............

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2323f17ef1

Perhaps they should be asked "by whom?". Then that might give credence to the term 'professionally..."

If I had paid money to a professional for work like that, I'd want my money back.

This is good light weathering done by CK of this parish.

post-6728-0-48263600-1351361236.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Everybody's having a go at poor old Gostude (&Cartmel)!

I just think he/she is a very shrewed businessman who makes a living selling piles of tat collectables to those who are gullible looking for them.

It's capitalism after all.

He's probably reading RMWeb and laughing all the way to the bank :laugh:

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

I can't believe the price a pair of Andersley JSA Covered Telescopic hoods have just gone for. This one was £51:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andersley-JSA-Covered-Telescopic-Steel-Carrying-Wagon-Kit-New-Unopened-/321006343129?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=qDIZ0bqiOnIz5C%2FySdG8BIoOPBQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and the second one went for £50. Now that's what I call madness.

I just think he/she is a very shrewed businessman who makes a living selling piles of tat collectables to those who are gullible looking for them.

Keith

I have to agree with you, I am sure he easily manages to pay his mortgage each month on the proceeds of the sales.

Its still a good laugh reading some of his "descriptions" though!

edited for poor grammar.

Edited by royaloak

Keith

See he's having a laugh again. Try searching Bachmann 37. Kit built indeed. :scratchhead:

Guest Belgian

Keith

Gostude has often had things I'd like, but at prices I won't pay, so he gets me as a 'watcher' but never a bidder. He does seem to sell them though!

See he's having a laugh again. Try searching Bachmann 37. Kit built indeed. :scratchhead:

LOL....I like the part where he says "Comes in a great box....." Looks more like to me as if it's been kicked around the house a bit !

Not necessarily railway related, but It's all in the small print.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281010270802

Now my command of English is not perfect, but it sounds if something nasty is going to happen to me if i'm not happy!

Edit: typo.....

Sierd Jan

Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

How about an Airfix meat van for £30?They've for some other Airfix railway kits for silly prices - the mineral wagon for £40. Looks like Cartmel and Gostude now have some competition.

ooh, I could go in and undercut him on BIN price, and offer better condition of the boxes, and make enough to pay for a Hornby 42XX if they all sold - always assuming there are some mugs around who are daft enough to pay that much for an Airfix wagon kit :O

• Like 1