EBay madness

Marcyg

I suppose at least we can be reassured they took the body off so we didn't get bright yellow bogies and underframes too.

"Missing a couple of horns from what I can see but can be purchased easily by winner for pennies"

If that easy, why not just get them, put them on, andhave the ability to bump up the start price...?

"Would look good if someone was to detail, or looks good as it is. "

Damn autoreplace, it put "detail" rather than "incinerate".

"99p starting bid for what will be a bargain if works or not as these models go for a fortune as rare."

I think someone's put in "network rail" as an ebay search term and looked at the prices for the professionally repainted and weathered ones that really are incredibly well done.

He also forgot the logo transfers....

Edited by cromptonnut
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think someone's put in "network rail" as an ebay search term and looked at the prices for the professionally repainted and weathered ones that really are incredibly well done.

And some of those that aren't well done.

He also forgot the logo transfers....

and grey roof, and numbers.

Is it April 1st yet?

Cheers.

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Had to read this bit a few times!

I'm not sure if this works as I purchased in a job lot of a box, selling so I can afford to buy a controller for my shunting layout, as can be seen in background, and its obvious to see this would be to big!

"Missing a couple of horns from what I can see but can be purchased easily by winner for pennies"

If that easy, why not just get them, put them on, andhave the ability to bump up the start price...?

This baffling logic is all over Ebay, especially in the car ads. "Needs an MOT but will sail through it no probs" - well go and get one done, then! No doubt you'd be amazed just how far that would go in convincing potential buyers of its roadworthiness!

Edited by Cleefy
  • Like 1

My flabber is ghasted :blink: :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280973532919

What the hell did I just read.

£40,000?! £40,000!?! Thats $78,477 NZD, which could buy you a BRAND NEW 2012 Chrysler 300c > http://www.trademe.c...n-493790923.htm with change to spare!!

I did not expect it to be TOMY, of all things... an O gauge collection could be understood.

I legitimately made this face:

all-of-my-wat-76770847574.jpeg

Edited by Jack P

• RMweb Premium

Having read the listing, yes I believe he is quite serious.

I think that proves that some people will collect anything. Great advert by the way:

• Random use of apostrophes - check.
  • Random Capitalisation Of the First letter of Words - check.
  • Confusion over when to use their, there and they're - check.
  • Venting annoyance - check.
  • SHOUTING - check.

• Like 3

I can't help but wonder what sort of person spends that amount of money buying one thing for their child...I have probably had that spent, and spent myself, less than that on "toys" in the 40 years I've been on this planet...

Hmmm now lets see divide by, how many kits in the treasure chest? how many kits a year, how much Falcon brass, Milholm, DJH, Nucast, Impetus kits are fetching on ebay these days ..... time to go house hunting ....

• Like 1