EBay madness

Marcyg

Sold on the evening of 25Dec for £41.89 + p/p - I guess either someone with good modelling skills, or bored rigid with all the ads in Downton Abbey.

Good modelling skills or too much Christmas drinking!

I don't know about never making one the same, he shouldn't even do one remotely like it.

Normally I shy away from 'public criticism' of other people's modelling attempts unless it is specifically asked for, particularly if it's not something I have personally tried myself and am not sure I could have made a better job of it.

However, looking at his feedback profile I can't see that any others have been sold, and there isn't anything else 'railway related' amongst his buying or selling history - the last transaction in fact being May 2011. He does list a couple of other similar buildings but as "28mm" - a standard amongst tabletop gamers - and in May he bought a pack of Viking hordemen figures so I would assume that this is his main hobby and the shed is more of an experiment to see if people will buy it.

Such a shed would probably look fine on a 28mm gaming diorama (a minor side interest of mine I would like to develop at some point) but alongside finescale 7mm models, probably not.

It's a load of old tat - and I think they are well foul of the Trades Description Act on some of it such as the 'vintage' Brains brewery wooden box which looks to be considerably younger.

What an interesting example of enterprise...."do not complain if postage doesnt match etc" and remote areas!, the Isle of Wight can be seen with the naked eye from the mainland!

• RMweb Gold

Is it bad that I saw something on Ebay that I would quite like, then saw that the seller was someone who has been mentioned negatively on here a number of occasions and am now nervous about putting in a bid...?

No. It's your money and you need to spend it wisely. Any info about a seller is helpful to you making your mind up. With a suspect seller, only bid at the last minute and then only if the price is an absolute bargain - and you can afford to risk that amount, PayPal warranties notwithstanding.

• Like 1

Guest baldrick25

What was listed last week and 'sold' at £59 to a buyer with a feedback of just 9 ( and 50% activity with that seller to boot) http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c1a3ec55

... the same seller now has three more listed here http://www.ebay.co.u...879818800589535 with B.I.N. of £79.95.

Come on Modelzone with your Limited Editions is that really fair on other punters when this one gets at least FOUR....? I had one on pre-order with them and din't even get the courtesy of a phone call to say they had sold out. A quick visit revealed that they were 'under-supplied' ....... Yehhh right...

EDIT

A quick check with the sellers feedback shows he's sold at least 6 MORE of the same item beforehand- perfectly legal -- but naughty- Eh!

Edited by baldrick25