EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Gostude's pricing is beyond me; it's usually beyond my budget in the first place, but what I mean it that it is beyond my ability to comprehend.  If you look through his 'other items there will usually be a few reasonably priced decent quality items and, occasionally, bargains, but you have to wade through the overpriced dross first!  I have a possible explanation:-

1) His pricing depends on a set %age mark-up over what he paid for it.  I'm guessing 33%.  This suggestion applies to Rails' secondhand 'bargains' as well

2) He is a carp businessman.  A good businessman buys cheap and sells competitively and profitably, but he's not astute enough to buy cheap, and can't sell much at all (many of his items have been listed for many years) because of his enthusiastic set mark-up.

3) He is too stubborn/arrogant/entitled to realise this.  Us higgerrunt pezzintz are supposed to pay what he's asking, because l@@k, r@re, not have sufficient low animal cunning to shop around!  Curse secondary education for the lower orders!  Send their brats back to the cottom mills or down the mines!  These last two suggestions apply to Rails' interns as well.

4) He has a shed, barn, warehouse, or other storage facility that is costing him nothing and is not a business overhead (despite what he probably told H.M.Inspector of Taxes),

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Okay if you're building a wartime layout I guess...

But £300.00?

Seriously?

He's been trying to flog that POS for about a year now. 

Probably paid nothing for it.

Yep. I swear its frequented this page previously.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, 5944 said:

'Flat Earth' railway modelling! - I wonder what happened to the rest of it? Vermin? Rodents?? The Kraken???

• Funny 2

8 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

'Flat Earth' railway modelling! - I wonder what happened to the rest of it? Vermin? Rodents?? The Kraken???

Tell me I’m not the only cynic who looked at what else he was selling, half expecting to find the other bit on sale separately 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Tell me I’m not the only cynic who looked at what else he was selling, half expecting to find the other bit on sale separately 

the description says he will be selling the other half in the future

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, 40152 said:

Give them a call and tell them to bring the UHU; this could certainly use some:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335108424887?

😳

Why ever he doesn't sneak that back into the skip he found it in is beyond me, but then again, I presume it's useful as a write off against tax every year, he'd probably be heartbroken if it sold.

Mike.

• Like 2