EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

I don't think there is much doubt that Jesus of Nazareth existed and was crucified by the Romans at the behest of the Sanhedrin. The Apostles certainly existed, there's ample documentary proof of that, and for so many individuals were prepared to independently state that they knew Jesus personally and verify some facts about his life at a time when association with a character that most Jews regarded as a blasphemer and that the Romans regardes as rebel, seems pretty conclusive evidence.  Admitting that you knew Jesus in those days was dangerous!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Fails to say who the alligator was, though.

Bill Haley never said who the alligator was either, though he knew him well enough to write a song about him and an also un-named crocodile.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

I don't think there is much doubt that Jesus of Nazareth existed and was crucified by the Romans at the behest of the Sanhedrin. The Apostles certainly existed, there's ample documentary proof of that, and for so many individuals were prepared to independently state that they knew Jesus personally and verify some facts about his life at a time when association with a character that most Jews regarded as a blasphemer and that the Romans regardes as rebel, seems pretty conclusive evidence.  Admitting that you knew Jesus in those days was dangerous!

I am not what could be called religious, but have little doubt that Jesus existed. 

What there isn't proof of, is that he didn't exist.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I am not what could be called religious, but have little doubt that Jesus existed. 

What there isn't proof of, is that he didn't exist.

or James Bond, Harry Potter, Father Christmas, The Tooth Fairy etc etc!

Mike.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

10 minutes ago, rab said:

I'm trying to remember where it says that Jesus split stones.

Also, how can it be listed as new when it is split.

Matthew 27:45-55 "The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split and the tombs broke open."

It's one of *those* stones?? 😵

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

18 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

But which Jesus? The one who lived in Palestine c0-33AD, Gabriel Jesus, the Arsenal Football player or quite a few other folks from Latin America.

There'a a guy works down the chip shop, claims he's Elvis?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186579133195

"Split by Jesus himself.. allegedly"

image.png.6d43edef88dcf2d8887b9cf8dba67ada.png

The whole history of this jolly little clast, from the opening up of that joint by whatever means, injection with superheated, mineral-rich fluid, subsequent slow cooling to generate those big crystals, weathering of the parent rock mass to release it then subsequent subaerial modification to give the sub-rounded external shape will have taken longer to achieve than the couple of thousand years since Jesus was around.

Unless, just like those crazy fossils, it’s been planted by his Dad just to throw us off the scent…

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

The more I read the description, the more the seller sounds like he might just be a member of the Nigerian royal family...

I trust it has nothing to do with my late uncle, Banana Vigor? I didn't know I had an Uncle Banana until I was informed that I had been left an HUGE fortune in his will! (you can guess the rest! 😉)

• Funny 7

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

or James Bond, Harry Potter, Father Christmas, The Tooth Fairy etc etc!

Mike.

Or Buddha, Abraham, Mohammed, have to be careful dissing that one, Christian bashing is safe at least...😉 

As for the tooth fairy, of course he exists, his name is Dwayne...

the-rock-tooth-fairy.jpg.c23176bac6ce38ab16a2f526315bcc4a.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Funny 6

11 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Or Buddha, Abraham, Mohammed, have to be careful dissing that one, Christian bashing is safe at least...😉 

As for the tooth fairy, of course he exists, his name is Dwayne...

the-rock-tooth-fairy.jpg.c23176bac6ce38ab16a2f526315bcc4a.jpg

And he has a pair of pliers! 😎

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/08/2024 at 10:30, MrWolf said:

Those Objet d'tatt might be made of coal, but don't be tempted to chuck one in the fire

Coming late to this particular issue, but those black-painted Airfix/Dapol kits on pedestals nearl;y always say "made WITH coal" not "made OF coal".  Meaning the three fragments of coal they've glued to the pedestal below the plastic loco.

Richard

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

52 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

WM&CQ No. 13 was a 0-6-2T, built by Beyer Peacock in 1885, but as far as I can see, any resemblance is pure serendipity.

Probably worth about a tenth of the asking price for the mechanism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, RichardT said:

Coming late to this particular issue, but those black-painted Airfix/Dapol kits on pedestals nearl;y always say "made WITH coal" not "made OF coal".  Meaning the three fragments of coal they've glued to the pedestal below the plastic loco.

Richard

Apparently pulverised coal is used as a filler in the casting resin, amongst other stuff.  It's all dead authentic! 🤪

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4