10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

So it's not really guilty?

Mike.

Wilful pollution, perhaps? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Question is: have you got one!?

Alternatively: do you want one badly enough at this price ?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Question is: have you got one!?

I once had a Virgin Records plastic bag back from when Branson's empire consisted of a record shop in New Oxford Street - 60s graphics, a hippy chick on the front, address on the back and everything. Problem was I only remembered I had it it when I found it nailed to the beam of my grandad's garden shed full of old seed potatoes. In no condition for preservation or framing by then!

• Friendly/supportive 4

21 minutes ago, Peterem said:

I once had a Virgin Records plastic bag back from when Branson's empire consisted of a record shop in New Oxford Street - 60s graphics, a hippy chick on the front, address on the back and everything. Problem was I only remembered I had it it when I found it nailed to the beam of my grandad's garden shed full of old seed potatoes. In no condition for preservation or framing by then!

To think: you could have been a millionaire! 😎🎩

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

I've got a few bags as part of my Beatties collection. I've even paid modest money for some!

I had a yellow Beatties bag, but it got used to keep Triang Super 4 track in, and ended up with more holes than a colander...

Its funny how ephemeral junk suddenly becomes "collectable", usually just after ending up in the bin!

(Going back to my Probe bags, some are plastic and some are paper. I wonder if the paper ones would be more sought after?)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm (in)famous in my family for visiting my sister in Canada with my luggage consisting of two of those stripey Tesco bags.  I don't do chic.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Its funny how ephemeral junk suddenly becomes "collectable", usually just after ending up in the bin!

(Going back to my Probe bags, some are plastic and some are paper. I wonder if the paper ones would be more sought after?)

Be strong, don’t crack, for that road leads to the underworld of Mendacious Chiselling. Photograph it, stick that on Flickr for the nostalgia-heads and do the right thing and chuck it out. Face it, someone down the line is going to have to clear out all this tat anyway, by which time poly bags will have crumbled anyway. After three house clearances for elderly relatives this year alone, ask me how I know….

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Be strong, don’t crack, for that road leads to the underworld of Mendacious Chiselling. Photograph it, stick that on Flickr for the nostalgia-heads and do the right thing and chuck it out. Face it, someone down the line is going to have to clear out all this tat anyway, by which time poly bags will have crumbled anyway. After three house clearances for elderly relatives this year alone, ask me how I know….

So the paper bags ARE worth keeping? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Let's play guess what it is!

The reason I'm not buying from eBay nowadays;

"This Bachmann freight wagon is a great addition to any model railway collection. Its high-quality construction ensures that it is a durable and reliable piece that will provide many hours of enjoyment. The wagon features a classic design and is compatible with a variety of OO gauge railway sets.

Whether you're a collector or simply looking to expand your model railway, this Bachmann wagon is a must-have. It is perfect for recreating realistic train scenes and adding detail to your layout. Don't miss out on the opportunity to own this exceptional piece."

Obviously when seen in conjunction with the pictures it is clear what it is, but, any seller who is clueless enough to need AI to try and describe something they know nothing about, or, who knows what they are talking about but is such a lazy, incompetent b'stard that that passes for an adequate description won't be getting my business.

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Let's play guess what it is!

The reason I'm not buying from eBay nowadays;

"This Bachmann freight wagon is a great addition to any model railway collection. Its high-quality construction ensures that it is a durable and reliable piece that will provide many hours of enjoyment. The wagon features a classic design and is compatible with a variety of OO gauge railway sets.

Whether you're a collector or simply looking to expand your model railway, this Bachmann wagon is a must-have. It is perfect for recreating realistic train scenes and adding detail to your layout. Don't miss out on the opportunity to own this exceptional piece."

Obviously when seen in conjunction with the pictures it is clear what it is, but, any seller who is clueless enough to need AI to try and describe something they know nothing about, or, who knows what they are talking about but is such a lazy, incompetent b'stard that that passes for an adequate description won't be getting my business.

Mike.

on the other hand I’ve picked up a few bargains thanks to the AI descriptions, they really annoy me and I do find myself reading them a few times incase there is some sort of phrase relating to the item being broken or not working but I’ve not found one yet! 

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383583806417

Now then! L@@K! Every modeller should add one of these to his/her collection! 😎

It would have helped if the vendor had included an AI description.

I've a Useless Stone that was painted for my father by my sister before he died.

Not that I would even consider selling it, but it must be worth a fortune compared with that!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I have a small collection of useless stones, some interesting geological specimens (bet you haven’t got a piece of Lundyite) and some just because they look nice.  They either sit artisticalky placed on shelves or decorate my fish tank.  Each has a little story that only I know attached to it.  

I like useless things, and identify with them.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

I have a small collection of useless stones, some interesting geological specimens (bet you haven’t got a piece of Lundyite) and some just because they look nice.  They either sit artisticalky placed on shelves or decorate my fish tank.  Each has a little story that only I know attached to it.  

I like useless things, and identify with them.  

Rock on, Johno!

• Funny 3