EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site, ..." it'll be pole dancing next!

I don’t mind - not being plagued by repeated videos!!

Will undertake my annual attempt to sign up to the “no adverts” level of membership in due course…

Steve S

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I don’t mind - not being plagued by repeated videos!!

Apart from the pole dancing ones? 🤔

It might be worse, it could be morris dancing! 😃

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

What about a Morris pole dancing?

wrecked-and-written-off-morris-minor-car-in-snow-after-road-traffic-accident-with-lampost-during-icy-winter-conditions-2EFG3JT-3258736734.jpg.179571f08db32044fece778c8daeec6b.jpg

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, PatB said:

wrecked-and-written-off-morris-minor-car-in-snow-after-road-traffic-accident-with-lampost-during-icy-winter-conditions-2EFG3JT-3258736734.jpg.179571f08db32044fece778c8daeec6b.jpg

Ohhhh painful...

But that's not a pole, it's a post, a lamp post!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

How the heck did a moggy get that fast to do that much damage?

edit: I have concluded that the lamppost was speeding.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PatB said:

Probably not a good outcome for the driver, considering unlikely to have a seatbelt on!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I suspect shunted into the lamp post by a bus or lorry.  Things can be surprising in crashes sometimes though; I once came upon the scene of a recent RTA which looked really horrific, but nobdy had been hurt.  A Honda C50 step-through moped, a bit scraped an battered, lay on one side of the road, and the other vehicle, barely recognisable and pretty terminally demolished as far back as the central pillar, on the other.  A Range Rover.  

How such an outcome had been achieved I had no idea.  I asked a traffic cop how a moped had had killed a Range Rover, and his response, laconic from as you’d expect from a traffic cop, was ‘stuck in it’s throat!’.  Fair enough…

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Hroth said:

In other nations Morris Dancing would be celebrated as a national tradition. In England we seem to prefer to take the p*ss out of our heritage.

Pizza and lager, anyone?

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

In other nations Morris Dancing would be celebrated as a national tradition. In England we seem to prefer to take the p*ss out of our heritage.

Pizza and lager, anyone?

Pyss*-taking is done by those who want to replace what heritage we have with something "relevant"...

* Is this what is referred to as "vowel-shifting"? 🤔

Edited by Hroth
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, DLT said:

Triang Princess valve gear? Worth a fiver at most, and even that’s a bit steep! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DLT said:

Probably …

“How much can I mendaciously chisel for this and get away with it?”

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, DLT said:

Just to be pedantic, the second one is not valve gear - it  is connecting rod, piston rod and crosshead plus some coupling rods.  No valve gear in sight.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

How the heck did a moggy get that fast to do that much damage?

A moggy, particularly a 60s model like that one will easily do 60mph and a narrow side impact like that is one of the worst, even a new car with SIPS wouldn't fare much better.

7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

edit: I have concluded that the lamppost was speeding.

Possibly the moggy was moving so fast it time travelled and hit a lamp post that wasn't there in 1967?

6 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Probably not a good outcome for the driver, considering unlikely to have a seatbelt on!

The driver might have survived if he or she wasn't wearing a belt, instead being ejected via the passenger side. 

They certainly wouldn't have walked away.

A friend of mine was killed at 19 when his Ford Cortina broadsided a tree at speed. He was wearing his belt, but everything on the driver's side was forced into the passenger side.

• Friendly/supportive 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DLT said:

That looks like someone is scraping the bottom of the spares barrel.*

* Otherwise known as a "Bin rake".

PS, Anyone want to buy this gearbox nut?

Previous owner was definitely a mendacious chiseller and too tight to buy a spanner...

IMG_20240511_211022.jpg.af1b43d58957df9ca43e80501b31f7c6.jpg.c580f6d5ce62875c2558b4d23ae08a3f.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

11 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I suspect shunted into the lamp post by a bus or lorry.  Things can be surprising in crashes sometimes though; I once came upon the scene of a recent RTA which looked really horrific, but nobdy had been hurt.  A Honda C50 step-through moped, a bit scraped an battered, lay on one side of the road, and the other vehicle, barely recognisable and pretty terminally demolished as far back as the central pillar, on the other.  A Range Rover.  

How such an outcome had been achieved I had no idea.  I asked a traffic cop how a moped had had killed a Range Rover, and his response, laconic from as you’d expect from a traffic cop, was ‘stuck in it’s throat!’.  Fair enough…

Never underestimate the mighty Step-Thru. Many years ago, by dint of youthful idiocy, I torpedoed a CityLine bus with mine, near Temple Meads. The bus was out of action for some time, awaiting removal of the cartoonishly C90 shaped dent in it's rear panel. The bike carried me proudly to failure of my first Part 2 motorcycle test the following morning, with nothing but the light application of a hammer and some sticky tape.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

I thought it looked more like it was off a Triang/Hornby BoB.

As for the sad Moggy, in the wrong* hands, they can shift.  There was one on a police chase programme on one of the Ch5 derivatives that outran a high-spec police car around s dodgy estate. It was found abandoned.....

* Someone who doesn't give a damn about the poor things mechanicals.

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Ah yes, looking at it again, possibly? I didn’t notice the crossheads being all plastic upon first viewing.

Even then, the Triang/Hornby BoB (from my personal experience) never had crossheads or actual sidebars, “false” slidebars were just moulded into the body casting and the piston on the end of the con rod had no crosshead fitted to them, maybe it’s a later version?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

As for the sad Moggy, in the wrong* hands, they can shift.  There was one on a police chase programme on one of the Ch5 derivatives that outran a high-spec police car around s dodgy estate. It was found abandoned.....

* Someone who doesn't give a damn about the poor things mechanicals.

The red souped up one?

I may have had both of our"off the clock" Private roads of course. And the convertable despite being heavier than the traveller may have had lift off over a hump back bridge once. Not so amusingly at the time, but was later, both doors popped open on landing impact.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

The red souped up one?

I may have had both of our"off the clock" Private roads of course. And the convertable despite being heavier than the traveller may have had lift off over a hump back bridge once. Not so amusingly at the time, but was later, both doors popped open on landing impact.

That's the one, I suspect that it even surprised the joyriders.

As for convertibles, many years ago I launched my Herald convertible over the canal bridge near Loughborough Midland station.

Triumph thoughtfully fitted anti burst catches to the doors on the ragtops, but the bounce on landing and hitting the brakes hard for the traffic lights immediately ahead caused the flip front bonnet to tip forward.

Couldn't see a damn thing, but the engine sounded good....

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's the one, I suspect that it even surprised the joyriders.

As for convertibles, many years ago I launched my Herald convertible over the canal bridge near Loughborough Midland station.

Triumph thoughtfully fitted anti burst catches to the doors on the ragtops, but the bounce on landing and hitting the brakes hard for the traffic lights immediately ahead caused the flip front bonnet to tip forward.

Couldn't see a damn thing, but the engine sounded good....

Yes, probably that was the one, I wasn't really listening to the commentary.

Perhaps you should have fitted bonnet straps? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

And Romford axles are listed at 80p each, but they've gone up a BIT since then.  Probably £1 now....  £10 for three??? Plus postage???

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, DLT said:

And Romford axles are listed at 80p each, but they've gone up a BIT since then.  Probably £1 now....  £10 for three??? Plus postage???

there now around £2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1