EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Pet free home??, well something has chewed the flanges off the centre wheels!

Mike.

Pet free. Didn't say anything about vermin though.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

8 hours ago, PatB said:

At least those do appear, as far as I can tell on my postage stamp sized screen, to be a reasonable representation of how diesels fade and  weather if left standing for a long period. We'll leave aside the actual likelihood of seeing an individual HST power car in that state. The work does also appear to have been done carefully and probably represents a fair bit of time on the part of the maker, so the prices are somewhat understandable from someone charging their time at even hobby business/cottage industry rates. I wouldn't want one myself, but Rule 1 applies.

Certainly a bit different from dipping a GBL/Dapol/Airfix junkbox model in glue, then rolling it in dried tealeaves.

Though as I said in 2022, how does does the cab rust? It isn't made of metal.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Pet free home??, well something has chewed the flanges off the centre wheels!

Mike.

The monster that lives under the bed, perchance!?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Bucoops said:

What a heap of

Oh I don't know. Looks a lot like one of my mutations😅

Cheers, Rich

• Like 2

To be fair that Ks Q1 was never going to be too successfull on its Ks Chassis, maybe rewheel the Triang Chassis first and it would be fine. Mind not at £90??. i bought a superbly made and painted SEF one for £35 off ebay a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 26/05/2024 at 06:31, russell price said:

To be fair that Ks Q1 was never going to be too successfull on its Ks Chassis, maybe rewheel the Triang Chassis first and it would be fine. Mind not at £90??. i bought a superbly made and painted SEF one for £35 off ebay a couple of years ago.

Much the same as my thoughts. A decently built white metal kit on a Triang chassis is still a perfectly respectable loco for, say, a retro style layout. But even back in the day most "serious" modellers would have changed those wheels for something a bit better.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 25/05/2024 at 13:40, Edge said:

Quite clearly misrepresentation, as the seller states that this is a limited edition model for The National Railway Museum.

We can all chortle, but we have the knowledge to see it for what it is; less ‘educated’ buyers might be sucked in and pay over the odds. Caveat emptor and all that jazz, but a sale at an inflated price simply encourages another overpriced listing.

Seller contacted (ooh, what a spoilsport I am!!)

Steve S

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Taken a quick look at his other items for sale, all of which look like they have been picked up at car boot sales given their general age (Triang, old Hornby, Lima, Lima HO British outline (!) and Wrenn). Pricing is all ahem optimistic, shall we say…

Triang Hornby BoB “Winston Churchill” - “rare” … it might be, especially with a dirty great chunk taken out of one side of it! 

Steve S

PS

Notification from eBay - seller has took down the listing for the “limited edition” Q1 (normally I word such messages quite politely, but on this occasion I pointed out that the photographs included unclear images of box and paperwork for an entirely different model which could be construed as misleading … and a few more less than gently made points … I think he got the message)

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

33 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Quite clearly misrepresentation, as the seller states that this is a limited edition model for The National Railway Museum.

We can all chortle, but we have the knowledge to see it for what it is; less ‘educated’ buyers might be sucked in and pay over the odds. Caveat emptor and all that jazz, but a sale at an inflated price simply encourages another overpriced listing.

Seller contacted (ooh, what a spoilsport I am!!)

Steve S

I’d also reported it to eBay themselves before I put it on here - hence the screenshots preserving the item in perpetuity in case they took the listing down 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Everyone's favourite ebay seller again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334223723808

The wagon itself looks reasonably built - but why on earth has whoever built it used pen lids as the load?!

Not just pen lids, but UHU glue caps...

Anyway, you can get similar wagons new from Dapol for the same price or less.  Admittedly you'd have to source yout own load.....

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Anyway, you can get similar wagons new from Dapol for the same price or less.  Admittedly you'd have to source yout own load.....

Someone thought they looked like industrial drums of some kind?

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Which would make me worry about what the wagon is stuck together with.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, PatB said:

Which would make me worry about what the wagon is stuck together with.

Also, if the wagon wasn't constructed using UHU, then what they were using it for... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Also, if the wagon wasn't constructed using UHU, then what they were using it for... 🤔

They obviously know some of the more dodgy customers of the taxi company where I work. I have had 2 of the drivers kick someone out of their cabs for using glue for something other than modelling purposes. Those are the ones that I am aware of.

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

They obviously know some of the more dodgy customers of the taxi company where I work. I have had 2 of the drivers kick someone out of their cabs for using glue for something other than modelling purposes. Those are the ones that I am aware of.

Sticking unsuspecting punters to the seats, eh??

• Funny 5