EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, RFS said:

Looks like an Ebayer who does not understand how to use decimal points !

I saw something very similar when I was first getting into Triang collecting, around late 2020/early 2021, saw an electric turntable (either standard or series 3 track) being sold for around £1.5k!

Edited by Hacksworth_Sidings
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

I saw something very similar when I was first getting into Triang collecting, around late 2020/early 2021, saw an electric turntable (either standard or series 3 track) being sold for around £1.5k!

New or old pennies?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, John Besley said:

6 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Strong bidding on that lot then...

Well, the bottom two are Rovex banana coaches with the early couplings (Very Titfield, "She won't couple, Sam!"), and the Wagon Lits is Lima HO.  The rest are dodgy Triang clunkers...

Don't think I'll bid!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a confession to make, strictly amongst friends. I bought something from Gostude last week. 
Still not sure if it was the right thing to do, ask me in a couple of weeks once i’ve worked out whether I can rectify the upside-down bogies… 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335105086012?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=PWnBnL0RQpq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Mol_PMB
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

33 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

I have a confession to make, strictly amongst friends. I bought something from Gostude last week. 
Still not sure if it was the right thing to do, ask me in a couple of weeks once i’ve worked out whether I can rectify the upside-down bogies… 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335105086012?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=PWnBnL0RQpq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Do not fret, you're not alone! 😎

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

37 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Sometimes he lists useful or unusual items for reasonable BIN prices. I have had a few such items.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Sometimes he lists useful or unusual items for reasonable BIN prices. I have had a few such items.

You have to grit your teeth and dive into his listings...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Earlier today I ordered a couple things from eBay, after Grandad gave me some cash for Christmas, one being a Dublo 8F (the others are some unstarted Rosebud loco kits, but those aren’t relevant to this story), incomplete, missing front bogie and tender, some minor cosmetic damage, but I thought “It’s only thirty quid, and I can probably pick up a spare tender and bogie off a guy from the club”.

Shortly before 9PM today (I ordered it well after post offices closed) I find it marked as dispatched. I’m guilty of doing it too, used to do it the normal way, get an order, and mark it as dispatched on the day of posting. But now I’ll get an order and mark it dispatched to get the cash faster, but I’ll always send a photo of the proof of postage receipt to the buyer once the item purchased is actually posted, for what should hopefully be obvious reasons.

It’s the first time I’ve been on the receiving end of that stick, is this practice more common than I first assumed?

Edited by Hacksworth_Sidings
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Earlier today I ordered a couple things from eBay, after Grandad gave me some cash for Christmas, one being a Dublo 8F (the others are some unstarted Rosebud loco kits, but those aren’t relevant to this story), incomplete, missing front bogie and tender, some minor cosmetic damage, but I thought “It’s only thirty quid, and I can probably pick up a spare tender and bogie off a guy from the club”.

Shortly before 9PM today (I ordered it well after post offices closed) I find it marked as dispatched. I’m guilty of doing it too, used to do it the normal way, get an order, and mark it as dispatched on the day of posting. But now I’ll get an order and mark it dispatched to get the cash faster, but I’ll always send a photo of the proof of postage receipt to the buyer once the item purchased is actually posted, for what should hopefully be obvious reasons.

It’s the first time I’ve been on the receiving end of that stick, is this practice more common than I first assumed?

Almost certainly he has used online postage. I have just done the same thing but used Ebay postage to send via Royal Mail tracked 48. As soon as I paid, I get a tracking number and Ebay automatically marks it as dispatched. It is actually going to be collected by the postie tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4