EBay madness

Marcyg

12 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I make chuff-chuff noises, and anything else I think will enhance the experience, ts ts ts vacuum pumps,  sshhhhhhh cylinder drain cocks, whistles, signals being pulled off and put back, anything.  The chuffs, four to a driving wheel revolution (I have no three-cylinder engines), and ts ts, two to a dwr, are useful for estimating speed...  The other noises are probably my incipient insanity.

Seems a bit mad (says the man who makes chuff chuff noises).  A Black Princesss mech fits nicely under an Airfix kit prairie bodyshell without messing around with wheel arrangements, you can even get the cylinders to line up with the steam pipes, one of m first-ever kitbashes, about 1965.

Do you 'chuff-chuff' in public? Or behind closed doors?? Asking for a friend!

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
On 28/11/2023 at 22:19, Hroth said:

Maybe, but after my era....

What if he's not allergic to cats, but dogs?

roobarb-and-custard_still.webp.38e36b70371f2d4e352e830f0f37a8e3.webp

Roobarb and Custard ought to cover both bases.

Or perhaps we could try the Spotty Dog from The Woodentops?

hqdefault.jpg.6bf28e5d43941a8000081b3b61e2b6b1.jpg

TheWoodentops.jpg.f3563bdf1fd4b3adfc216a61a67e95e6.jpg

Proper childrens entertainment!!!

Didn't it become 'The Bill'?  😇

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

For your friend’s information, I do it more quietly in public…

My friend thanks you! He's been known to 'pish-tee-coof' in quite moments whilst having Ivor the Engine flashbacks! 😊

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Didn't it become 'The Bill'?  😇

Pilot episode.

Didn't realise the YT poster was chattering all through!  Grrrrr.....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

16 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I think...

🤢🤮

13 minutes ago, rab said:

You could say it looks a bit fishy!

Well you did ask

I didn't think anyone had to ask!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

No wonder it's an inconsistent runner, the l/h pickup is sticking out between the wheels!  And 80 quid.......

We'll pass over "Stanier" 🤪🤪🤪 , as he was assistant to the Divisional Locomotive Superintendent in London when the 43xx was designed, so wouldn't have had a hand in that...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hroth said:

No wonder it's an inconsistent runner, the l/h pickup is sticking out between the wheels!  And 80 quid.......

We'll pass over "Stanier" 🤪🤪🤪 , as he was assistant to the Divisional Locomotive Superintendent in London when the 43xx was designed, so wouldn't have had a hand in that...

But, real coal added and a fair box!

• Funny 4

Has an odd motor by the looks of it with a pole sticking out the back of the magnet?? Can't say I've seen a K's motor like that - all the ones I've seen are those puny things that the builder invariably doesn't bother with.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

3 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Has an odd motor by the looks of it with a pole sticking out the back of the magnet?? Can't say I've seen a K's motor like that - all the ones I've seen are those puny things that the builder invariably doesn't bother with.

A shaft for a flywheel?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Hroth said:

Strange that they don't attempt to fix relatively minor issues. At least then they could take out the negative comment and offer it for a higher price!

Even if they set a short time limit on it.

Edited by kevinlms
More info
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

I've a motor in the "spares" box that looks just like that, don't know where it came from, or when I got it!

I don't know if it even works...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Unsure if it uses the X.04, but this is what I found https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186181105975

The one i had was the top one. I've only found reference to it being the prototype and not a production model. I definitly had the top one as despite my young age i remember clearly it having the rounded cab entry and an x04 motor. The lower one was what i received when it went back as it was faulty. I cant believe my local model shop in Grimsby had the actual prototype for sale so can only assume a very small amount of the prototypes went into production. I was always disapointed i didnt keeo the top one as it looked more like the thomas in the books whereas the lower one was modified to look like the tv version
image.png.55b505d92773d591fe77d152473e8208.png

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

31 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I've a motor in the "spares" box that looks just like that, don't know where it came from, or when I got it!

I don't know if it even works...

Actually having a look in my spares box, I think my memory has failed me. The top one is the old type and notice the long end which I think people cut off. The other motor is the more modern puny type that often appears unused on ebay

IMG_20231130_124039_hdr.jpg

• Like 1