EBay madness

Marcyg

37 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I know the Church's teachings move with the times so the Pope is no longer considered infallible, and one isn't restricted to fish on Fridays any more, but has adultery now ceased to be considered a sin?  Or is it the CofE who decides if Protestants can get to be called a saint? 

I suspect that if a certain person had lived to marry the one she had a fling with, she'd have changed religion pdq.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I know the Church's teachings move with the times so the Pope is no longer considered infallible, and one isn't restricted to fish on Fridays any more, but has adultery now ceased to be considered a sin?  Or is it the CofE who decides if Protestants can get to be called a saint? 

In the C of E all are considered Saints. No ranking.

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, 2E Sub Shed said:

"Musty Smell"

Hattons have started smelling their wares.

they could have added

"Needs fumigating"...

I bet it has rusty axles!

(Looks like a Northwich era box)

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

they could have added

"Needs fumigating"...

I bet it has rusty axles!

(Looks like a Northwich era box)

We're both used to piles of fusty old books here, but a couple of weeks ago I bought a bundle of old MRCs for one particular article. They smelt so badly of mould I cut out the article and binned the rest. 

They left a lingering stink in the kitchen to the point where Miss Riding Hood got all paranoid, cleaned the fridge and the bin, not knowing where the smell had come from.

I haven't fessed up as yet. Probably best not to....

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Probably a reaction to the bloke who brought it in, must he smell?

Mike.

They arrived in a mildewed rucksack, carried by a myopic bloke in a heavily stained, elderly parka.  The staff had to use several cans of air freshener after he had left the shop...

• Funny 6

6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

They arrived in a mildewed rucksack, carried by a myopic bloke in a heavily stained, elderly parka.  The staff had to use several cans of air freshener after he had left the shop...

Careful what you wish for Herr Hroth...

In front of us while queuing for an exhibition and no, they weren't recent bird droppings.

IMG_20231029_110412.jpg.46928a160fa3adffd79f71b7ad9dd561.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

We're both used to piles of fusty old books here, but a couple of weeks ago I bought a bundle of old MRCs for one particular article. They smelt so badly of mould I cut out the article and binned the rest. 

They left a lingering stink in the kitchen to the point where Miss Riding Hood got all paranoid, cleaned the fridge and the bin, not knowing where the smell had come from.

I haven't fessed up as yet. Probably best not to....

Hong Pong!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

In front of us while queuing for an exhibition and no, they weren't recent bird droppings.

Just showed your posting to Mrs TinTracks. When she stopped laughing she reckoned we need a ''Horrified'' button

We live about an hour north of Whitby so, pre mobility problems, used to get over there a couple of times a month. Damned seagulls have a serious attitude problem there. One of 'em pinched my mates iced cream straight out of his hand then circled and plopped just to say missing him.

We go to Grosmont station cafe for coffee and cake now. Not so many of the winged blighters there and it's a bit closer and I can also put the world to rights chinwagging with my mate Dave Edge at Dave's Trains, always a pleasure.

Cheers, Rich 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Hroth said:

Hmm, I didn't spot the cctv, would have nicked that to stop my secret getting out :(

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good afternoon folks,

The 'great unwashed ' attendees at model railway exhibitions also have twins/doppelganger types who attend real ale festivals too!

In fact, there may be a crossover between the two, since some of the beer festival types also attack all passers by with their backpacks.

They also resemble the once numerous 'bashers', who seemed to travel the NE/SW route every weekend in search of Peak haulage and smelt as though soap was a deadly chemical 😂

Cheers, Nigel.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4