EBay madness

Marcyg

3 hours ago, 33C said:

I'll dig it out and post it. There is also a contemporary article about turning a princess into a Saint.

They keep trying with Diana. 

I can vouch for her failing to spot a landmine or two..... 😠

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/10/2023 at 12:17, PieGuyRob said:

"Don't bother wasting your time watching in case I dend out offers, that doesn't happen here." " It will get sold elsewhere." That's one way to attract potential customers. Makes you wonder where else he will sell it, and, if that is the case why bother with ebay.

In fact I'm going too watch it, just too wind him up!

At least one of the lots had 17 viewers (mostly from here?). Seems to have worked 😅🙃😜

image.png.6d33da16427525052b0c8e79b72bf8ef.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

He/she does actually point to something interesting about traders watching items, which coincidentally I'd stumbled across this week.

i had a quite a lot watching something the other day so for the first time ever I tried sending a blanket offer. This allows you to see who is watching rather than just a number, and was immediately obvious a lot were traders and I got quite a lot of ridiculously low counter offers back. Most of them stopped watching when i declined so I might do this again in future to get a better indication of genuine interest!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium

I'm slightly disappointed I've yet to see one of my own listings on this thread - I feel like I must be selling myself short :)

I had something recently that wasn't really attracting much interest so I dropped the price, where upon i just started getting offers below what I was prepared to accept even in a worst case scenario. Having already sold one I thought sod this and just put the price back up - it then promptly sold the next day!

So that's lesson 2! Every day you get a whole new load of people looking, so even if putting the price up will lose your existing watchers, those aren't the people you are chasing!

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I'm slightly disappointed I've yet to see one of my own listings on this thread - I feel like I must be selling myself short :)

I had something recently that wasn't really attracting much interest so I dropped the price, where upon i just started getting offers below what I was prepared to accept even in a worst case scenario. Having already sold one I thought sod this and just put the price back up - it then promptly sold the next day!

So that's lesson 2! Every day you get a whole new load of people looking, so even if putting the price up will lose your existing watchers, those aren't the people you are chasing!

Easy - just put "L@@K!!!! R@RE!!!!" in the title. Instant inclusion.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

They keep trying with Diana. 

I know the Church's teachings move with the times so the Pope is no longer considered infallible, and one isn't restricted to fish on Fridays any more, but has adultery now ceased to be considered a sin?  Or is it the CofE who decides if Protestants can get to be called a saint? 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2