EBay madness

Marcyg

2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

No he calls them horny in the description but we've all been there. I often get OO goblin instead of gauge for some reason

TBH I didn't even look at the words, I was transfixed by the pictures...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, Sjcm said:

No he calls them horny in the description but we've all been there. I often get OO goblin instead of gauge for some reason

Must confess, in my circa 50 years spent modelling railways, I cannot think of a model railway item which actually made me feel 'horny'. Perhaps I've just led a sheltered modelling life?

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Must confess, in my circa 50 years spent modelling railways, I cannot think of a model railway item which actually made me feel 'horny'. Perhaps I've just led a sheltered modelling life?

Just shows the lack of imagination from British manufacturers. The Hornby "Horny" Adult range sounds more of a goer that steampunk to be honest😉

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

11 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Just shows the lack of imagination from British manufacturers. The Hornby "Horny" Adult range sounds more of a goer that steampunk to be honest😉

The first model would be a streamlined Princess Coronation in a stunning pink livery...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The first model would be a streamlined Princess Coronation in a stunning pink livery...

Yep, we had that German pig on wheels on here a while back so you could alter the mouldings a bit and launch a range of (glamour) models in various liveries. Plus you'd have the bonus of attracting adolescent boys back into the hobby. 👍

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

Yep, we had that German pig on wheels on here a while back so you could alter the mouldings a bit and launch a range of (glamour) models in various liveries. Plus you'd have the bonus of attracting adolescent boys back into the hobby. 👍

Another one that could be easily tarted up (in a similar manner) would be an EE Type 1....

And the double ended Class 58 might have some uses too.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

00 Glamour Models, eh!? Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul H Vigor said:

00 Glamour Models, eh!? Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

Is that the naughty step for having a dirty mind?

Noch already do naughty figures, like the "red light" and the "boss and secretary" series...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

All those thrusting pistons, oo err, missis…

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Another one that could be easily tarted up (in a similar manner) would be an EE Type 1....

And the double ended Class 58 might have some uses too.

You are awful, but I like you…

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

tarted up

Up a tart, you mean?

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Think I'll pass, thanks.  But the first posting awakened some memories of the original Triang stations/buildings range, which I had some of as an anklebiter.  All things considered, especially that these were very much a train-set toy product, they were not horrible.   The platforms were better than any the Margate Empire have produced since, with the ends 'one side straight one side curved', far easier to fit in with the track geometry and a better use of space, and the buildings looked, to my mind both as a tyke and now more like something you'd find on a railway. 

The station building and kiosk featured were pretty good, mine had steps and a canopy, and I had a 'waiting room' as well which. clad in Wills brick and paper cut slates, lasted into the 1990s, serving variously as shunter's cabin, yard office, and weighbridge office.  The engine shed would still pass muster as a basic shell to work up.  My memory of the goods shed is a bit blurred, but I don't think it was bad .  The later red-brick 'modern' buildings never cut the mustard to my mind and the Triang Hornby period with the modular stone-effect were pretty dire.  And we've never had platforms that match the track geometry as well as those old ones!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hroth said:

Is that the naughty step for having a dirty mind?

Noch already do naughty figures, like the "red light" and the "boss and secretary" series...

Can't beat a bit of gritty realism.

Welcome to Morecambe...

030008fa.jpg.2d869f61b02f8c33e44f9a639690b844.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

8 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

No, they've got the other bloke - Eric.

Well, there's a bronze statue of him on the seafront to show that the council has its spending priorities right.

One of the crack heads sawed bronze Eric's leg off and tried to weigh it in for scrap...

I remember talking to a girl from Bradford and I asked her why pick Morecambe?

She answered "Because it's not as s*** as Bradford..."

• Funny 2

17 hours ago, Hroth said:

Here's some ebay madness, anyone would have to be mad to pay £65 for this sad collection of derelict Triang bits and bobs...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285233138955

Or you could set up your own Barry Scrapyard with this lot...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225784877407

That 2nd lot. Don't think I've seen recent-ish Hornby stuff that looks like it's been left in a garden for 20 years before. A brave man that takes that on and Mazak rot.  Or stupid judging by the price.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

That 2nd lot. Don't think I've seen recent-ish Hornby stuff that looks like it's been left in a garden for 20 years before. A brave man that takes that on and Mazak rot.  Or stupid judging by the price.

But surely, the older it gets increases it's value - or is that wrong?

• Funny 6

55 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

But surely, the older it gets increases it's value - or is that wrong?

Thing is, is the Chinese Hornby stuff isn't that robust even if you look after it. An old rusted up Triang Hornby brittania you could probably fix after 3  decades in a shed. Still Hattons have a load of those 9fs for sale with warped chassis' AND  the tender.

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, Hroth said:

Here's some ebay madness, anyone would have to be mad to pay £65 for this sad collection of derelict Triang bits and bobs...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285233138955

Wow!  I'd forgotten those ancient Rovex battery box controllers with the forward/reverse switch on top.

I doubt if you can still get those old batteries.

• Like 1