EBay madness

Marcyg

2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Either the bidder knows something we don’t or they are in for a big disappointment.

Cheers

Darius

I had never heard of this until now, and i have the catalogue. Could very well be "L@@K! RARE!"....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, The Johnster said:

It'd make a good night light for a nervous kiddie...

Or make them more nervous!

Whoever buys it will be able to see their whole layout when indulging in a spot of night running, unlike my Heljan Metrovick, which has lights that are so prototypically dim that you can only (barely?) see them in the dark...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 33C said:

I had never heard of this until now, and i have the catalogue. Could very well be "L@@K! RARE!"....

It's certainly rare and I've only seen one on a collectors site, but you have to wonder if that's because the vast majority slip through un-noticed. If you find one of them in the loft, it just looks like a bog-standard Triang diesel.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

It's certainly rare and I've only seen one on a collectors site, but you have to wonder if that's because the vast majority slip through un-noticed. If you find one of them in the loft, it just looks like a bog-standard Triang diesel.

Im intrigued as to how it works, does the extra motor vibrate the plate it’s stood on to make noise or something? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 16/09/2023 at 10:45, Michael Hodgson said:

People have locos with burnt out motors, can't get parts.  So a simple plug-in replacement will find a market, although I don't know how big that market will turn out to be.

I have an old triang A3 which i superdetailed many years ago with a crownline kit. its not up to modern standards but i do have a fondness for it as one of my more succesfull early teenage modelling efforts. the motor has had it and i have looked into replacing it but dont want to do it enough to pay £30.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 16/09/2023 at 20:37, Paul H Vigor said:

this reminds me of mobile phone sales people where they tell you how great the camera is and how stylish the cover is for ages. ok but can i use it as a phone? ....sorry?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, big jim said:

Im intrigued as to how it works, does the extra motor vibrate the plate it’s stood on to make noise or something? 

Well, it actually runs at a lower voltage than the main motor so I guess the theory is the 2 motors at different speeds combine to make a diesel engine noise? Dunno basically.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 minutes ago, paulmblythe said:

this reminds me of mobile phone sales people where they tell you how great the camera is and how stylish the cover is for ages. ok but can i use it as a phone? ....sorry?

Adverts for new cars make me laugh, meaningless, pretentious waffle.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

14 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Either the bidder knows something we don’t or they are in for a big disappointment.

Cheers

Darius

I suppose it probably is a limited production issue and genuinely scarce.  Presumably it appeals to the "collector" market, a group with an obsession I've never been able to get my head around.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, paulmblythe said:

to pay £30

Buy an old acetate, solid wheel, Triang  Jinty for £5-10 tops and nick the motor out of that, then put the rest back on ebay with some other junk as "spares/repairs!"

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

I'm already working on a sophisticated fraud to fool the Triang collectors😎

1695030620325538192901.jpg.80fae01839e2ee278cb0b2f9ce7ca97b.jpg

Thats over-egging the pudding.

All that's needed is an oblong of plasticard and a bug@ered X04, mounted as in the approved manner.  No-one expects it to WORK...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 17/09/2023 at 09:19, MrWolf said:

"Could be taken down at any time because the industry / big pharma doesn't want you to know the truth!"...*

I had one of those a while back (the 5 minute youtube ad version rather than the full spiel) which was quite amusing as I saw two different versions of the ad, with different fake back stories, for the same product!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

57 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Thats over-egging the pudding.

All that's needed is an oblong of plasticard and a bug@ered X04, mounted as in the approved manner.  No-one expects it to WORK...

Oh, I've refined the design now. It was shorting on the body so it's track mounted now. Just needed a buffer stop to avoid de-railing round corners 👍

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

8 hours ago, Sjcm said:

For what it's worth, it's also rarer than the standard one because it says 'transcontinental' on the side, rather than 'Tri-ang Railways' :)

• Informative/Useful 4