EBay madness

Marcyg

20 minutes ago, R. Knowles said:

The old "I don't know much about model trains" (But I have hundreds of vintage toys for sale.) ploy.

I've come across this one via vintage Dinky and Corgi toys. Lots of pricey junk, some good items at average prices.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Seems to have been bitten by the same spider wot got @newbryford

Mike.

I would not normally do any false liveries,  except that I do have one that is well progressed.

Should upset a few purists.....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, R. Knowles said:

Apart from the fact the description begins with "You are buying.." which is an automatic turn off for a starter, it's a stripped and wrecked Heljan tubby duff body on a Lima chassis that has fallen inside.

Scrap, worth maybe ten to fifteen quid on a good day for parts.

• Agree 7

36 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Apart from the fact the description begins with "You are buying.." which is an automatic turn off for a starter, it's a stripped and wrecked Heljan tubby duff body on a Lima chassis that has fallen inside.

Scrap, worth maybe ten to fifteen quid on a good day for parts.

I'd assume that the original chassis had decided to grenade itself and the detail parts were salvaged before the (probably distorted) body was flogged off and someone thought: "What's a cheap old chassis I can shove under it?"

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Okay, this isn’t the usual eBay madness fodder for this thread, but I thought it worth sharing as I was searching for “Lidl hobby display cabinet” (to display model locos, of course!)

Imagine my delight/horror/amusement when this came to light…

I mean, the price isn’t too bad for a combination 2 x wardrobe/display case/wall unit (£212.10 or best offer) but the postage is a bit steep! 🤣

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

15 hours ago, 5944 said:

Reminds me of when I was sorting out my dad's kit built loco's in odd boxes and first becoming aware of box madness. stuck on a Rivarossi plastic case with a crack in the front for 99p = 15+ pounds. Wrenn box = 30+pounds😲  and that was back in the early 00's

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2