EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

I loved his car http://www.ebay.com....=item4cfb6d11ff (seized engine but otherwise OK

LOL :lol:

I love his use of English LOL

HI TRUST AND RELIABLE CAR FALLING OVER I HAD I STANDING THREE MOUNTHS , HAD TO MOVE , BLUDY BODY CORP LOL,. ANY WHITE GOOD TYRES GOOD CAR GOT GODD VALUE FOR PETROL SHAME I CAN NOT FIX OR MAKE ONE GOOD ONE OUT OF TWO , SO I WANT MORE THAN THE SCRAP METAL IF I CAN MAKE AN OFER AND

ANY QUESTION WELCOME LOCATIO RYDE / TOPE RYDE N

PAYMENT PICKUP TWO DAYS OR RELIST PICK UP ONLY UNLESS YOU BOOK TOW ONCE PAID AND CLEAR

ABLE TO INSPECK ONCE CLEARED RATTING AT LEAST 99.9% ABOVE 15

PLS PRE ARANGE ANY DIFFERANCE THAT WOULD BE HELPFULL

CAN DELL AT A HUGE COST TWIN TOWING I GOT SPOT

I love his use of English LOL

[/b][/size]

I thought I recognised the use of language, it's our young friend with the HO Princess Elisabeth, Queen of England....

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk

How's about a Portescap motor for £143.00, madness. A Mashima 1630 and a Highlevel gearbox would give you more controllable performance. Still the Portescap was new in box so perhaps a collector.....

Portescap Escap RG4M DC Motor-gearbox Unit Boxed Unused...

Make's me want to rip the last few out of my locos, I will eventually when I replace the chassis with CSB ones.

Amazed,

Dave Franks

No, or I am as well. With only one bidder the starter bid of £30 should have held, irrespective of how much his max bid was/is.

The auction has a reserve on it :

If your maximum bid is equal to or greater than the reserve price, the item’s current price is raised to the reserve price, and the reserve price has officially been met.

So the bidder has put several incremental bids in until the reserve was met - looks odd because it's not seen very often.

Andy B)

• Like 1

There is always another side....

Following on from the PAT testing Topic and other recent Exhibition requirements to list the wattage required for the layout etc., I borrowed a KewTech KT 200 Clamp Meter for some readings, then it had to be returned.....

Looked on Ebay and they were circa £50 - £70, most reasonable ones were in that area.

Then I spotted one which looked to be alright, but Cheap at £7.99 post free.

You get what you pay for, I know, but as it was just for back-up, I went for it.

It's arrived and very nice too - see http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

..... Only notice the price has been reviewed to £70.99. So no wonder mine looks the bee's knees.....

I admit I had a fright when I went to do the feedback and saw £70.99 on the listing,

then I quickly checked my PayPal account etc., yup, just £7.99 paid out. Oh joy.

No wonder 19 have been sold already

I thought I might get the add-on Insulation Tester (261), but that's expensive.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Presumably the bidders want this for the chassis and not what's been done to the body. Must admit this isn't as bad as some of the horrors we've seen. Only £5.80 for economy delivery and only 13-15 working days to wait. Should get it just in time for Xmas. Are we surprised the seller doesn't have 100pct feedback boys and girls?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIONALLY-RE-SPRAYED-WEATHERED-Bachmann-INDUSTRIAL-SHUNTER-Class-20-/280768203058?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item415f16c932

our friend with the Hornby princess has revised his listing to acknowledge that it is not in fact r759 and that the motor is in the tender he has also how ever increased the asking price to a thousand bucks what is wrong with these people? are they really that clueless or just desperate for cash?

Edited by evafan004

Presumably the bidders want this for the chassis and not what's been done to the body. Must admit this isn't as bad as some of the horrors we've seen... Are we surprised the seller doesn't have 100pct feedback boys and girls?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415f16c932

There's probably no hope for me, but I actually think that looks rather nice. He doesn't claim that the livery is anything other than fictitious, and I happen to think it's been applied rather nicely!

our friend with the Hornby princess has revised his listing to acknowledge that it is not in fact r759 and that the motor is in the tender he has also how ever increased the asking price to a thousand bucks what is wrong with these people? are they really that clueless or just desperate for cash?

As long as the buyers aren't equally clueless, I presume the loco will remain unsold. It's the time-honoured (but wrong!) "old=rare=valuable" mindset - people have heard that old model rail stuff can go for big money, so they assume (or hope, at least) that anything old must be worth a packet.

Edited by Steve K