EBay madness

Marcyg

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

A tenner on a good day?

A quick ebay search shows good (and sometimes boxed, which we all know adds a lot!) ones going for £50-80.

Rough ones such as this probably could get £20 on a good day... but not from me.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Originally part of the ‘Transcontinental’ range, I have no idea if it was based on any actual prototype but always thought it looked a bit European.  ISTR  it could pick up through the pantograph as an alternative to from the track. 

• Agree 2

On 01/08/2023 at 10:21, MrWolf said:

"I know my items and I'm fully confident in my listings and well packaged items, any abuse of the Ebay return policy is classed as cybercrime and will be reported to the relevant authorities outside of Ebay."

Cybercrime!

He's big on the threats isn't he?

Except that if he goes to the police, they'll just say it's a civil matter and tell him to go away, they can't even deal with the actual cybercrimes.

Any refernece to 'cyber' gives me an instant Dr Who flashback! 

• Agree 4

On 31/07/2023 at 18:47, Paul H Vigor said:

I always imagined we had to put our chairs on the desks at the end of the school day so the caretakers could mop the floors?

Yup, accepted - that wasn't the weirdness I was referring to 🤓!

• Funny 3

On 27/07/2023 at 18:29, Bucoops said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204400626525 or £13.50 direct from Isinglass...

As someone who has worked in a drawing office on and off for 25 years, the price isnt the only thing that annoys about this. No its not a schematic! a schematic is a drawing made of of symbols to show the workings of a system and not intended to be a realistic interpretation. These drawings are general arrangement drawings showing plan and elevation views. rant over lol

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

8 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There's got to be a special place in hell for these morons/idiots/pillocks and their descriptions, the pricing warrants an extra hot area nearer to the fire.

Mike.

'When the devil finished, Enterprisingwestern said, "well, you're pretty good, ol' son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done"' 😎

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4

49 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

'When the devil finished, Enterprisingwestern said, "well, you're pretty good, ol' son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done"' 😎

Well that just makes me want to go out and buy another pickup truck....😎

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Well that just makes me want to go out and buy another pickup truck....😎

Just don't play the record backwards though - else you'll get back your car, your woman and your dog...

Mark

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

Just don't play the record backwards though - else you'll get back your car, your woman and your dog...

Mark

One of my exes did actually take my car and my dog.

Someone, (I think that it was Sinatra.) Said that a lot of women are like monkeys, they don't let go of the branch they have until they've got a good grip on the next one.

The new guy bought her a new BMW coupe and a couple of horses.

I would have liked the dog and the car back, but twenty years later it really doesn't matter, besides, my current Memsahib shows that particular ex up for what she was and probably still is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

One of my exes did actually take my car and my dog.

Someone, (I think that it was Sinatra.) Said that a lot of women are like monkeys, they don't let go of the branch they have until they've got a good grip on the next one.

The new guy bought her a new BMW coupe and a couple of horses.

I would have liked the dog and the car back, but twenty years later it really doesn't matter, besides, my current Memsahib shows that particular ex up for what she was and probably still is.

Branch, eh?

• Funny 3

53 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

This is more a "what is it?" Is it a scratch built loco designed to look narrow gauge on OO track? Or a HO loco with a HO body. It's setting off my OCD

Comfy looking seat

0-16.5 probably.  Ie 7mm/ft scale on 16.5 track.

If I "rescued" it, I wouldn't bother with reinstating the roof, and paint it black or a nice cheery red!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

This is more a "what is it?"

Hi. It's a cheapo Lima diesel shunter that's been got at. In the dim distant past I've butchered a few of these into 0n16.5 (7mm narrow gauge) freelance locos.

Regards, Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

If I "rescued" it, I wouldn't bother with reinstating the roof, and paint it black or a nice cheery red!

Agreed about the roof, but how about fully lined out in Darlington Green ? ( only joking)

Regards, Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

28 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

Hi. It's a cheapo Lima diesel shunter that's been got at. In the dim distant past I've butchered a few of these into 0n16.5 (7mm narrow gauge) freelance locos.

Regards, Rich

I thought that, but I can make out Made in Yugoslavia? Mehano?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Sjcm said:

This is more a "what is it?" Is it a scratch built loco designed to look narrow gauge on OO track? Or a HO loco with a HO body. It's setting off my OCD

Comfy looking seat

2 hours ago, TinTracks said:

Regards, Rich

His other stuff is 009 including a couple of locos on Kato chassis at £35 each, worth it for the chassis alone.

• Like 1