EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If you want to go fast as well, The FMR/Messerschmitt Tiger 500. Its more common three wheeled little brother, the KR200 Kabinenroller had to make do with 200cc.

messerschmitt-tr500-tiger-1957-310236.jpg.43948c29edb7af47b8f2f8e5e1ba9f63.jpg

Beware the Hun in the sun....

But its missing the machine guns!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

It's butt ugly though, no need for it to, customer appeal must surely count for something? 

It looks like an unholy mating between a mobility scooter and a portaloo...

Again, I'd rather drive something from sixty years ago, partly on style, partly on ethical grounds.

220px-Goggomobil_Coup_(2014-09-03_7051)_Seite.JPG.99573cbe42a48d855bbf119e79dbabc2.JPG

You can't see what it looks like from inside.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Beware the Hun in the sun....

But its missing the machine guns!

If you can't be trusted to play nicely, you shan't be allowed to make machine guns....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

45 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You can't see what it looks like from inside.

Mike.

Judging by that statement, you should probably douse your wardrobe in petrol and light it up for the sake of humanity.... 😉

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

If you can't be trusted to play nicely, you shan't be allowed to make machine guns....

Well, paint ball guns at least?

Red for port, and Green for starboard!

Harmonised at 100 yards...

Edited by Hroth
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Left hookers are much easier to park! 

They were made in rhd form for the UK market for about twenty years, no reason why they couldn't do it again.

Although there's probably now a massive Amazon warehouse employing at least four or five people on the site of the UK assembly plant in Slough.....

They were made, or at least assembled in the UK up until about 1960. The plant was at Slough.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Alas, no more visits to Narnia!?

That reminds me of the time when someone was referred to as being "So far back in the closet, he's having tea with the Queen of Narnia...."

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Hroth said:

Well, paint ball guns at least?

Red for port, and Green for starboard!

Harmonised at 100 yards...

That colour-coding is fine - until you go inverted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It's butt ugly though, no need for it to, customer appeal must surely count for something? 

It looks like an unholy mating between a mobility scooter and a portaloo...

Again, I'd rather drive something from sixty years ago, partly on style, partly on ethical grounds.

220px-Goggomobil_Coup_(2014-09-03_7051)_Seite.JPG.99573cbe42a48d855bbf119e79dbabc2.JPG

Car designs are invariably consumer "tested" before finalised. Then, of course, design is very much a subjective thing. Look how popular the Nissan Micra was in the UK, one of the blandest designs of small cars.

Citroen always had a reputation for rather quirky designs, which they lost for a time. This car is, I expect very much aimed at the French market for city cars, although is available in the UK. 

The French have, or at least had when I worked for a French car manufacturer before retiring,  a somewhat different approach to cars. They would prefer to drive a lower spec. less expensive French manufactured car and eat out at good restaurants. In the UK we prefer to drive a "premium" brand German manufactured car and take the family to McDonalds. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

That colour-coding is fine - until you go inverted.

Even with a hard hat, if you invert one of those, colour coding becomes academic...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

, and back down again!

Mike.

Sorry, can't help it, aesthetically pleasing design is rather important to me and you did kind of walk into that one!

I'm sure that it's possible to be the epitome of sartorial elegance and still have a liking for visually offensive automobiles.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Sorry, can't help it, aesthetically pleasing design is rather important to me and you did kind of walk into that one!

I'm sure that it's possible to be the epitome of sartorial elegance and still have a liking for visually offensive automobiles.

Just because I do or don't appreciate certain designs of automobiles is no valid reason to torch my entire wardrobe full of kipper ties, Bri-Nylon shirts, polyester suits, flared trousers, tank tops and loons thank you very much!

Mike.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Just because I do or don't appreciate certain designs of automobiles is no valid reason to torch my entire wardrobe full of kipper ties, Bri-Nylon shirts, polyester suits, flared trousers, tank tops and loons thank you very much!

Mike.

Flog those "retro" clothes to hipsters on eBay and you can afford some serious trains!

Rob

PS currently wearing orange overalls whilst welding a van up.

I look like an escapee from San Quentin...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

Does the phrase "Brentford Nylons" ring a bell?  🤪

Throw in your nylon sheets and the lot should go up like a torch...

However, if you can also include a collection of dodgy 70s lps, you could package it all as a 70's Experience job lot on the 'bay for the retro-hipsters to bid themselves into a frenzy over! 

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

PS currently wearing orange overalls whilst welding a van up.

I look like an escapee from San Quentin...

I believe that Orange is the new Black (or so I have heard it said).  Mind you, most orange overalls I've seen seem to have been soaked in a drum of discarded sump oil, indelibly staining them to the point that the original orange is now the merest ghost of itself...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

No shell suits? Dissapointing...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4