EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Must admit to not liking Crystal Tips and Alistair at the time. Sounds a wee bit druggy today??

I much preferred the ménage-a-trois that was Hector’s House.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

I had the wallpaper on my bedroom wall.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

There are reviews on "Sams Trains" on YouTube. It seems a total piece of cheap rubbish the valve gear in particular.

Edited by CHAZ D
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like they're going down the Rails online sales route.....   If I wanted another Coal Tank, I'd get a Bachmann one!

34 minutes ago, CHAZ D said:

There are reviews on "Sams Trains" on YouTube. It seems a total piece of cheap rubbish the valve gear in particular.

Perhaps they could be done for attempting to forge the currency?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CHAZ D said:

I'll just repaint my Christmas train set,.....cheapo!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I had the wallpaper on my bedroom wall.

I had the same steam train wallpaper that Ewan MacGregor had on his bedroom wall in Trainspotting. 

There was no hope really!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

That was kind of messed up. I can see why Hector spent a lot of time in the garden or messing with his car.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, CHAZ D said:

That reminds me of the oft repeated comment on The Mark and Lard indie music show late night radio one, donkeys years ago.

"Remember! This record is NOT available in the shops! - because it's sh!te....."

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Yeah, that's right, a kitbuilt coal tank of your very own, without the detail of the RTR version and with in fact no detail at all below the running plate can be yours!!! for the low price of £360 of your Earth Pounds.  Be the envy of all your friends who bought the much better RTR Bachmann version at a much lower price; you wouldn't be a totally deluded idiot to buy this crude heap at all...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4

Even more old motor madness. 135 currently for 16 working-ish motors. Only ones I can see worth a bit is the Graham farish tender job, the small type Triang motor and possibly the modern can motor thing. Dealers are bidding so if you think they're expensive now wait for them to be relisted😉

L@@K!

• Funny 5

3 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Even more old motor madness. 135 currently for 16 working-ish motors. Only ones I can see worth a bit is the Graham farish tender job, the small type Triang motor and possibly the modern can motor thing. Dealers are bidding so if you think they're expensive now wait for them to be relisted😉

L@@K!

Back on eBay next week at £40 apiece no doubt!

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

L@@K!

He says  "please pay within 5 working days", then goes on to say further down "please pay within 3 days", so which is it? Maybe its an average, so 4 days?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

11 hours ago, Sjcm said:

L@@K!

Body snatchers leftovers? They've been Burke and Hare'd!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

He says  "please pay within 5 working days", then goes on to say further down "please pay within 3 days", so which is it? Maybe its an average, so 4 days?

'You pays your money and you takes your cr*p!'

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

If you want a humdinger of Mazak Rot, then this item from Hattons will make your eyes water.

image.png.f6c07e13cf4886ecfae9bca274453a5a.png

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1217931/heljan_4752_po02_class_47_diesel_d1733_in_xp64_experimental_blue_livery_pre_owned_sold_as_seen_/stockdetail

And they only want £73 for it.  Apparently the bodyshell finish is pristine and its been tested and runs fine. There is some damage, both cosmetically and internally, but most importantly, its got a GOOD BOX!

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Hroth said:

If you want a humdinger of Mazak Rot, then this item from Hattons will make your eyes water.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1217931/heljan_4752_po02_class_47_diesel_d1733_in_xp64_experimental_blue_livery_pre_owned_sold_as_seen_/stockdetail

And they only want £73 for it.  Apparently the bodyshell finish is pristine and its been tested and runs fine. There is some damage, both cosmetically and internally, but most importantly, its got a GOOD BOX!

Surprised they're not advertising it as the worlds longest duff Duff.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

59 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Rhino-plastic, gone wrong!?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Rhino-plastic, gone wrong!?

It's the sort of thing seen in a James Bond film or on vehicles in many Gerry Anderson productions. The front lifts up and it fires a rocket at the baddies...

• Funny 7