EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It could probably be used as one and will almost certainly smell like one.

As well may any new owner if they don't turn it on with a broom handle (or bargepole) and stand back sharp enough. 😉

Edited by TinTracks
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

Screenshot_20230416-081416_Chrome.jpg.05eef46de695cae5d2f1b125be68a858.jpg

This was in the Accurascale class 37 thread.

It looks similar to the Triang Big Big Train Hymek conversion to a 37 that appeared on ebay and was commented on here a few months ago!

Horrendous... 🤪

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 33C said:

I like it! Possibly a motor bogie from a cheapo, battery train.

I've just read the small print, it says it's an ACE motor mogie with 3 rail pick up.

Cheers, Rich

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, RFS said:

Another seller who seems not to be living in the real world!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266212579877

Seems to have quite a few of these "bargain bundles" listed, which don't seem to be selling for some reason....

Lots of nice details on the condition of the box though!

Very little about anything else....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Wow i bought a nicely built and running SEF Q1 recently for £ 39 bargain of the year, cant justify it on the layout but what a beast. Beats a Hornby any day.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, RFS said:

Another seller who seems not to be living in the real world!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266212579877

Seems to have quite a few of these "bargain bundles" listed, which don't seem to be selling for some reason....

A dodgy grasp of what "new" means... 

If you were extremly unlucky, I expect you could get the lot for less than half the vendor is expecting!

If lucky, even less than that!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385550093808?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1o7nt5uhrt-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MmpE2CE-Rj-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Eh no. I mean, some basic effort required.  Mousa Models do a costly masterpiece. This is just embarrassing.  There is not a component on that that I would pay £3 for, never mind the packaging

Edited by Crantock
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Crantock said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385550093808?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1o7nt5uhrt-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MmpE2CE-Rj-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Eh no. I mean, some basic effort required.  Mousa Models do a costly masterpiece. This is just embarrassing.  There is not a component on that that I would pay £3 for, never mind the packaging

Scribbed planks and microstrip.

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crantock said:

Cardboard maybe? It does remind me of some of my efforts when I was still at school. The difference being I wouldn't have asked £12 for them. I can't see anyone valuing it at that much.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Cardboard maybe? It does remind me of some of my efforts when I was still at school. The difference being I wouldn't have asked £12 for them. I can't see anyone valuing it at that much.

Looks like a Diagram 33 Covered Goods Van - but a little rough 'round the edges! 😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

He also says "Please inquire before purchase, in case this rake is unavailable, as I can usually offer alternatives". Which means his stupid price isn't based on the desirability or rarity of these particular coaches, he just feels he has the right to ask that kind of silly money for anything he happens to have available!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Swissrail said:

He also says "Please inquire before purchase, in case this rake is unavailable, as I can usually offer alternatives". Which means his stupid price isn't based on the desirability or rarity of these particular coaches, he just feels he has the right to ask that kind of silly money for anything he happens to have available!

"Do you have a rake worth roughly what you are asking?"

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4