EBay madness

Marcyg

37 minutes ago, rab said:

Sadly it probably isn't. In 2000 years time, archaeologists will dig up thousands of these from landfill sites and probably believe that they are some sort of religious trinket.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Sadly it probably isn't. In 2000 years time, archaeologists will dig up thousands of these from landfill sites and probably believe that they are some sort of religious trinket.

Votive offerings...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

In other news, is anyone else fed up with the Non D1ck Bong cryptocurrency adverts yet? (Less than subtle reference to the movie Ted 2...)

I've not seen any...

I'll get the laptop out, disable adblocking and not log in while viewing RMweb to see how bad it is. THEN I'll slam the blockers back on and log in.... 🤔

has a look....

Ye Gods!  Didn't see any crypto ads, but everything else makes the site virtually unusable, especially that boggle-eyed dog! 

SHIELDS UP!!!

Edited by Hroth
  • Funny 4

55 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I've not seen any...

I'll get the laptop out, disable adblocking and not log in while viewing RMweb to see how bad it is. THEN I'll slam the blockers back on and log in.... 🤔

has a look....

Ye Gods!  Didn't see any crypto ads, but everything else makes the site virtually unusable, especially that boggle-eyed dog! 

SHIELDS UP!!!

Don't mind the boggle eyed dog, he doesn't jump around the page and get in the way of navigation.

Besides, he isn't trying to drive my pickup like the strange dog I used to have.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It would have to have "Great Western" on the tender to be that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, eastglosmog said:

It would have to have "Great Western" on the tender to be that.

It'd take more than Great Western on the tender to improve Flying Scotsman!

It took 30 odd years for it to beat a GWR 4-4-0.....  🤪

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Interesting …

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195513619910?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=icyljh-criy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Check out photos 5 and 6 …

Seller’s description - “immaculate”

I beg to differ!

Steve S

Turns out the mess was soap and water he had used to clean it of dust - he provided me with photos of it dried and yes, it looks fine…

Of course, if you are using soap and water to clean off dust, it hardly begs the description “immaculate” as it must have been a bit lucky to warrant a clean up!!

Steve S

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

I've not seen any...

has a look....

SHIELDS UP!!!

Criticise them and the 'powers that be' will swoop!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

″‘I am the Lady of the Lake,’ she said, ‘and I am come to tell you that your locomotive Flying Scotsman awaits you yonder.‘”

I thought "Lady of the Lake" was a Saint class?  Wouldn't have anything to do with the Flying Moneypit!

Yep 2902!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I thought "Lady of the Lake" was a Star class?  Wouldn't have anything to do with the Flying Moneypit!

https://www.google.com/search?q=monty+python+lady+of+the+lake&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB755GB757&oq=monty+python+lady&aqs=chrome.0.0i67j46i512j0i67j0i20i263i512j0i22i30l5.13547j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c987f0d3,vid:KN9c2TAWMlg

Replace 'sword' with the Del Prado Flying Scotsman locomotive and you have the vision!

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Don't recognise this variant of the old Polly 0-4-0T

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394347799920

Ruddy big dome and a ruddy big price tag!!!

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

It might be kosher, it's about the same era as Lord Westwood...

Yes. This is a fairly common model really.

Like "Lord Westwood" (the district of Margate where the Tri-ang Railways Factory is.) the running number is actually one of the company phone numbers!

The chrome plated plastic dome is the moulding from the Lord Of The Isles locomotive. LOTI domes are brass plated.

ᚱᚢᚠᚠᚾᚢᛏ × ᛏᚼᚬᚱᛋᛏᚬᚾ
🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Typo
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Not E-bay but this is a lot in a model railway auction tomorrow.

image.png.c5a5b4e667501bf178c74bcf611b465f.png

However this is the description.

Lot 529

GWR green Kitbuilt 00 Gauge Tank Locomotives, Class 57XX Pannier Tank 9704 with condensing pipes, 2-4-0 Autotank 3587 and 0-4-2 Autotank 1155 with semi open cab, all built and finished to a very god standard, VG (3)

• Like 3
  • Funny 1