EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 5944 said:

Did the correct chassis elope at Gretna Green... and this was left dumped on the path

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

49 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Wild and woolly! 😎

There's a pub in Morecambe that has gained the nickname of "The Star Wars Bar", the surrounding area is known as "The Gaza Strip". 

Draw your own conclusions!

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, Hroth said:

I've a couple of Heljan 128 dmus. Their individual haulage power outclasses any Lima loco, let alone a Lima 47!  However, a parcels car looks a bit odd hauling the down Royal Scot...

As a competently 90 percent complete DPU body and a I assume useable class 47 chassis 25 quid is actually good value. However I suspect the likely presence of copious amounts of UHU or Bostik holding them together renders both unusable!! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

'I come from Pontardawe

from the place they call the bont.

People who live there think it's great

whilst Gorseinon people don't'

Max Boyce.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

'I come from Pontardawe

Max Boyce.

All I can say is that Mr Boyce was so proud that he and his mates had all skived off to see a rugby match that he made an LP about it....

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

One of his regular bass players was a guard at Margam, and a minor mate of mine in those days.  I found him a bit 'gushy', breathless and excitable, in live performances, and will never forgive him for imposing 'Hymns and Arias' on us, as it has been used since it came out by rugby fans at internationals precisely to replace the Hymns and Arias, which were wonderful and are becoming forgotten, sadly.  Probably not just his fault, of course, but the chapels were already largely history in the 60s, and rugby club singsongs and the internationals were the only thing keeping the old tunes going.  I loved the likes of 'Y Bob Yn Sydd Fyddlon', 'Sanctaidd', and the rest.  You can still hear a decent 'Calon Lan' on the ferry back from Rosslare  on a Saturday night, along with 'Ar Lan Y Mor' and 'I Am The Music Man', but the old hymns are passing into history except for the Male Voice Choirs, and nobody bothers with them in Wales any more except as members.  'Great Redeemer' (Cwm Rhondda, bread of heaven) survives, but nobody knows the others nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

'I come from Pontardawe

Max Boyce.

Sounds like Max was hangin' in Y Gwachel? In Afrikaans, 'bont' translates as 'fur'. Not a lot of people know that!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/12/2022 at 18:49, The Johnster said:

One of his regular bass players was a guard at Margam, and a minor mate of mine in those days.  I found him a bit 'gushy', breathless and excitable, in live performances, and will never forgive him for imposing 'Hymns and Arias' on us, as it has been used since it came out by rugby fans at internationals precisely to replace the Hymns and Arias, which were wonderful and are becoming forgotten, sadly.  Probably not just his fault, of course, but the chapels were already largely history in the 60s, and rugby club singsongs and the internationals were the only thing keeping the old tunes going.  I loved the likes of 'Y Bob Yn Sydd Fyddlon', 'Sanctaidd', and the rest.  You can still hear a decent 'Calon Lan' on the ferry back from Rosslare  on a Saturday night, along with 'Ar Lan Y Mor' and 'I Am The Music Man', but the old hymns are passing into history except for the Male Voice Choirs, and nobody bothers with them in Wales any more except as members.  'Great Redeemer' (Cwm Rhondda, bread of heaven) survives, but nobody knows the others nowadays.

We went for a meal in The Golden Lion in Newport Pembrokeshire and as we were leaving we heard singing like we've never heard singing before. Needless to say we investigated and found a couple of brothers singing a Welsh rugby song. What a fantastic sound, then the elder brother persuaded his younger brother to sing on his own. His voice could have filled an auditorium so in a small room was superb. After he'd finished, Jen asked him if was a professional singer and he replied that he was a farmer. Anyway, when we got back to our accommodation, a bit of electronic searching revealed him to be Trystan LLyr Griffiths:

Edited by 96701
  • Like 3

Trouble is most of the world cannot understand what the hell he is going on about!

Hat, Coat, Door, over Offa's Dyke.

Try "gett i fu ya bassa". (Completely understandable).

🙂

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rails of Sheffield and their “very good condition”…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134347361227?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7NGT9XstTyC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Erm…

HOURS OF FUN!

PS

They do admit that the chimney is loose in the box … but that’s not where it should be…

I feel they have a very loose definition of “good condition”

Edited by SteveyDee68
Autocorrect “typo”
  • Funny 6