EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

My late mother once confided in me that she believed my childhood -ongoing interest in all things trains was a result of brainwashing! 😎

Conversely mine thought it was a result of not washing...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, papagolfjuliet said:

Must have been sent to France in 1939 to support the BEF and captured by the Germans after Dunkirk.... 🤪

Edited by Hroth
It wasn't meant to be interesting, etc. It was meant to be silly...
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

17 hours ago, John Besley said:

It looks like a burnt out Russian tank... 

Funny how the coal has also rusted out...

Maybe it was a very sulphurous batch of coal they dumped in the tender to get rid of it - the iron pyrite has now all oxidised to give the brown colour. However in this case, the sulphuric acid produced as a result would probably eat away the floor of the coal hole and all the coal would fall into the water tank!

Didn't realise that one of the A4's got their valences back before scrapping - I thought all the A4's had their valances permanently removed during WW2 for ease of access.

• Agree 5

32 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Maybe it was a very sulphurous batch of coal they dumped in the tender to get rid of it - the iron pyrite has now all oxidised to give the brown colour. However in this case, the sulphuric acid produced as a result would probably eat away the floor of the coal hole and all the coal would fall into the water tank!

Didn't realise that one of the A4's got their valences back before scrapping - I thought all the A4's had their valances permanently removed during WW2 for ease of access.

Once again, attention to period detail! Not a lot of people know that! 🤓

• Funny 5

9 minutes ago, John Besley said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204162935605?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ygwSW9nsQTO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mAE25Fz1QpK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This one is rearing up to attack, but the man with a pickaxe is fighting back, must be the hairy ear worms doing that...

Why would you use a pick axe on steel? He's going to be there a long time. Surely a gas axe or a cutting disc would be better, maybe even a plasma cutter?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204162935605?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ygwSW9nsQTO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mAE25Fz1QpK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This one is rearing up to attack, but the man with a pickaxe is fighting back, must be the hairy ear worms doing that...

Looks like 'pickaxe guy' is fighting a monstrous hedgehog!?

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Freshly escaped from the Seventh Circle of Hell Crud*

Steve S

* Don’t think RMWeb would let me put what I really want to say!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like 'pickaxe guy' is fighting a monstrous hedgehog!?

Ahhh, I get it. Pickaxe guy is actually Go$tude, about to get his comeuppance from the various horrors he’s inflicted on us over the years.

Description: The sticker on the base of this R@RE cameo, entitled “When Cr*p Models Fight Back” has peeled off, otherwise in excellent condition.

🙃

Do I win the £5?

Edited by 40152
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Ahhh, I get it. Pickaxe guy is actually Go$tude, about to get his comeuppance from the various horrors he’s inflicted on us over the years.

Description: The sticker on the base of this R@RE cameo, entitled “When Cr*p Models Fight Back” has peeled off, otherwise in excellent condition.

🙃

Do I win the £5?

£5?

That's just the delivery charge...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

£30 a copy on Amazon too, and I don't usually quote THEM as being the cheap option either!

37 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

It's too much for my simple brain to comprehend!

There there...

I'll send the Night Nurse to sooth you!

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2