EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Esmedune said:

With this crew, the loco will go nowhere and eventually the boiler will explode.:o
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281968330851

When I first saw those some 35 years ago when Springside launched them, I asked Graham where they trying to chuck the coal on top of the brick arch... Or where they in fact Morris dancers

• Funny 6

I remember looking at the proportions of the legs on those figures, (too small and on some one leg much longer than the other) and thinking that somebody didn't pass O level art class.

As a teenager I stuck with modifying the old Airfix figures. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Esmedune said:

Does he not have a phone he can take pictures with?  Surely the days of not being able to instantly take a photo and have it on the internet are behind us?

Not for those who choose to forego being at other's beck-and-call 24/7 - there is still a significant proportion of society who choose this option.

CJI.

• Agree 3

I let my phone go to voicemail after 7pm unless it's someone that I know.

When I was single, one of my friends used to call me anytime between 11pm and 1am, because he knew I would be up, but not in my workshop. 

It was annoying when complete strangers rang me at 9.30pm to ask if I would sell parts from something I was advertising, rather than the whole thing. That's why I never put a phone number on any eBay listing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

When I was single, one of my friends used to call me anytime between 11pm and 1am, because he knew I would be up, but not in my workshop. 

It was annoying when complete strangers rang me at 9.30pm to ask if I would sell parts from something I was advertising, rather than the whole thing. That's why I never put a phone number on any eBay listing.

I don't have that problem, nobody ever phones me :cry:

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

48 minutes ago, rab said:

They are trying to get free advertising on this thread!?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Not for those who choose to forego being at other's beck-and-call 24/7 - there is still a significant proportion of society who choose this option.

CJI.

Ah, but no-one under 40 actually uses their phone to call and speak to anyone. It's there for texting, social media, WhatsApp etc but not for speaking

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Ah, but no-one under 40 actually uses their phone to call and speak to anyone. It's there for texting, social media, WhatsApp etc but not for speaking

My other half does and she's under thirty. She ditched her Facebook account about five years ago too, got fed up with the vacuous nature of it all and the fact that people can basically spy on you and attempt to manipulate situations.

My friend's youngest daughter has had enough of social media too, at just turned eighteen.

They could be the exception. :D

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

3 hours ago, rab said:

£130 for a mass produced N gauge coach? 

Am I missing something? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'm just talking about the camera function. Why would someone not be able to have a photo ready when they are making the listing? Put the advert up the day after when you have the photo. I would never trusts a "photo to follow" listing, it is just as bonkers as a "price to follow" or "description to follow"... Post the advert when you have all the relevant details to hand. There is no sane reason why you would be in such a hurry to make a listing that it could not wait until taking a photo. It screams deception.

• Agree 4