EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Got the Feb and March 1966 somewhere, the Feb one always reminds me of the road bridge on upway bank just below the tunnel

I've got the May 1964 editions of Railway Modeller and Model Railway Constructor - to see what I would have read when I was born! :locomotive:And my late mother thought I was [railway] brainwashed! :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

It's spelt R@RE. Come on, keep up please.

Actually, I'm rather grateful that I don't keep up with that sort of thing.

It's a slippery slope from that sort of terminology to selling must have gadgets on the shopping channel.

Or worse still, double glazing....

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

It's spelt R@RE. Come on, keep up please.

No, its RARE

L@@K has the @s......

Both can be accessorised with as many !s as you desire*

You may also include "Kitbuilt" if you are entirely sure that it was made by a recognised manufacturer, such as Triang.

* Be aware that the use of more than three !s tends to indicate some degree of mental instability!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hroth
!!!!!!!!!!
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

* Be aware that the use of more than three !s tends to indicate some degree of mental instability!!!!!!!!

That's strange. I haven't noticed any in young Vladimir's press releases lately.

He must be another of those very stable geniuses we put in charge of nuclear weapons...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

No, its RARE

L@@K has the @s......

You may also include "Kitbuilt" if you are entirely sure that it was made by a recognised manufacturer, such as Triang.

Oh contr@re Lord Blackadder

R@RE!!!

I think 3 or more !!! counts too. Not forgetting copious quantities of ****. Why they do it, I don't have a Scooby.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Why they do it, I don't have a Scooby.

I don't have a -ing clue either!

3 hours ago, DK123GWR said:

That's strange. I haven't noticed any in young Vladimir's press releases lately.

Underlings probably delete them before his Wise Words go public. They're trained in misinformation, like those blokes who trail behind Kim Jong-un, ensuring that the !!!!!!s are not recorded in their little notebooks.

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

... like that nice Mr Trump

We'd probably be lumps of well-done steak by now if  "that nice Mr Trump" had achieved a second term...

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

We'd probably be lumps of well-done steak by now if  "that nice Mr Trump" had achieved a second term...

From what I gather he approves of what Putin is doing. After all he did help him get his first term in office.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

... like that nice Mr Trump

"Stable genius" was tRump's description of himself. It probably explains why he recommends horse dewormer to his cult as a cure for Covid.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

I don't have a -ing clue either!

Underlings probably delete them before his Wise Words go public. They're trained in misinformation, like those blokes who trail behind Kim Jong-un, ensuring that the !!!!!!s are not recorded in their little notebooks.

Do I detect a Tom Lehrer reference?  If so, kudos, sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I've got the May 1964 editions of Railway Modeller and Model Railway Constructor - to see what I would have read when I was born! :locomotive:And my late mother thought I was [railway] brainwashed! :D

I tried that with my birth year, but the bookshops told me the goats parchment had disintegrated.

Mike.

• Funny 9

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

No, its RARE

L@@K has the @s......

L@@k out guys, I think we have a 'spotter' in our midst!!!!! :crazy:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

20 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I tried that with my birth year, but the bookshops told me the goats parchment had disintegrated.

Mike.

And written in the runic alphabet, I'll be bound!? 'One Mag to rule them all, ...'

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Do I detect a Tom Lehrer reference?  If so, kudos, sir!

Yep,

and a Terry Pratchett one too...  :whistle:

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2022 at 16:29, Hroth said:

And what's with the huge caps or are they some form of mind bending satalite dish...

Edited by John Besley
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2022 at 14:08, Bucoops said:

R@RE!!!

I think 3 or more !!! counts too. Not forgetting copious quantities of ****. Why they do it, I don't have a Scooby.

Not that “R@RE!!!” - already sold 203 of them (as of right now!!) 

On 06/03/2022 at 14:12, Bucoops said:

Hmm, £4.40 from Dart Castings with the paper pre-cut or...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203846302614

Which one should people buy?

Looking at this seller’s other items, all seem to be somewhat overpriced (£45 for an empty box?!)

Is GOSTUDE now training eBay sellers in the art of overpricing items?!

Steve S

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2022 at 18:05, John Besley said:

And what's with the huge caps or are they some form of mind bending satalite dish...

Mainly general snark... :crazy:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2022 at 14:08, Bucoops said:

R@RE!!!

TBH I think that variant only belongs in the Scooby-verse, along with those dratted kids. A sad example of continuing degeneration...

I do think that relatively "sane" folk should be allowed up to three ! in a row without becoming a concern. Honest!!!

• Funny 3